Diagnosis
1/2013
Country
US
State
Iowa
City
Cedar Rapids
Does this site have an active moderator?

Several of my posts have disappeared into moderation. The first one that did occurred days ago and it has never come through. Another one disappeared today.

This is a forum requiring registration. The vBulletin mechanism has censors that can be used. It is a secure piece of software. There is no need to have moderation of registered users' posts of the sort that is occurring here. I say this from the perspective of owning my own forum site powered by vBulletin. If you have a problem with a user they can be banned, temporarily or permanently.

Why is this place being run this way? It creates a huge problem for legitimate users.

It is done to protect users from troll and scam artists. Your posts will show up.i have several a day moderated. The moderators had ALS. two died within months of each other, as, well, this is an ALS site, and for most, ALS is terminal, so, thus, we lose moderators.

Yes, there is one very overworked moderator who is doing the best he can, but if you have issues I suggest you post your concerns in the place titled suggestions.

Websites will always trigger moderation to protect the users from those selling 'cures' as sites like this are havens for those types of folks.

Certain medical terms will also trigger moderation. Edited to add...anyone can register, and yes, they can be banned, but the owner has chosen to protect users as much as possible. We go by his rules, as he provides this site free of charge for your use and the use of literally thousands per day

Last edited:
We frequently have problems with spammers, advertisers, and trolls. All new posters are moderated. All links are checked to avoid these issues. Many key words trigger moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back