Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
ga
City
columbus
My husband developed symptoms about two years ago. He can't open jars, write with a pen, or button his buttons. Now he has difficulties walking up stairs. He has neck issues as well as muscle loss in his legs and arms with fasculations. He has seen two neurologist who have not given him a diagnosis, just he has alot of issues going on. His EMG showed "acute muscle membrane instability" but his NCS also showed sensory involvement. He also had muscle biopsy that stated unspecific severe nerve damage and muscle atrophy. He has difficulty eating - before he puts the first bite in he starts coughing and choking. He has weakness and loss of strength in his whole body.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that cause nerve damage. Your docs have a much better chance to tell you diagnostic things than we do. How is his autonomic system doing? Are there any practical, living with weakness questions we could answer?

I wish his doctors would tell us something. They have ruled out many of the reasons for nerve damage. I am more concerned now with the choking. He has been approved with disability so he can rest when he needs to. Thanks for any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back