Learn about ALS
Country
No
State
Krakeroy
City
Norway
Hello...

I had an emg/ncv 2 months ago. Had a lot of fasciculations and weird/stiff easily tired foot and arm at that time.

My ncv showed slightly slowing of the f-waves in all nerves in my foot/nerves. Emg showed not one of my many fasciculations and was said to be normal by the neuro. The emg and ncv was done in the affekcted arm , leg, foot and thigh. The ncv of my arm was normal.
Now I read from a neuro book that slowing of f-waves are common in ALS...
I still feel stiff and weak in my foot and arm. Can anyone explain? Is this another symptom of als along with fasciculations and feeling weak. I know from my MRI at the same time as the Emg/ncv that I have a herniated disc in my lumbar area, otherwise all my examinations, clinically, bloodtests, spinal test has been normal...
Does anyone know how early an emg would detect als issues, some say months, others say you will hav e to have symptoms of weakness before it is detected....

Thank u all for some input on this, I am struggling with als thoughts all the time..

Love, Tina

There have been many replies to the many threads you have created, and if you had bothered to read those replies you would know that your latest effort is as unfounded as all the others were.

You have had the appropriate tests and been carefully examined by a neurologist who has told you that you do not have ALS.

You are not a doctor, nor are you a neurologist, and yet now you claim to know more than they do because you have read 'a neuro book' and surprise, surprise, that book tells you that you really do have ALS.

It's nonsense, and it's profoundly unfair to the people on this forum who are reaching out to help people even though they are struggling with the real thing.

You need professional help for the anxiety which drives you, and you need to get that help by going to your doctors and explaining your very real symptoms; reading medical textbooks is profoundly abnormal behaviour for someone who isn't a medic. You are ill, and you do need treatment, but your illness is nothing to do with your motor neurons. I wish you the best of luck for the future...

You've started five threads in the last month or so where you essentially ask the same questions and get the same answers over and over. What more can we do for you?

You have had, many people try very hard to answer your questions. I will answer your new one quite simply.

The absence of an f wave, with nothing else to support any other abnormality, is inconsequential, nothing.
Slowing f waves in ALS......is not the same as slowing fwaves. You missed the " in ALS " part of the sentence.

Please get some help by professionals for your obsession. It IS an illness, and you can get help for it.

Aly

Your herniated disc explains the abnormal NCV. NCV is normal in ALS. Please stop worrying about ALS, and let them treat the disc.

You'd be surprised how many problems one bad disc can cause.vweakness, fatigue bacause we walk funny and because we are in pain.vpain is very fatiguing. Nerves are affected when the fluid from a disc is leaking onto them.

If you want to spend so e time on sites, spend some time on sites having to do with ruptured discs.

Moderated, check back

You have had, many people try very hard to answer your questions. I will answer your new one quite simply.

The absence of an f wave, with nothing else to support any other abnormality, is inconsequential, nothing.
Slowing f waves in ALS......is not the same as slowing fwaves. You missed the " in ALS " part of the sentence.

Please get some help by professionals for your obsession. It IS an illness, and you can get help for it.

Aly
Thank you for answering me... I am having a rough time, experiencing symptoms that can ( but unlikely) be related to ALS... I have support from friends and family... Right now I feel like a useless mother and wife... Love, Tina

Tina, because you have anxiety over health issues, it does not make you a useless mother and wife. In fact I bet you are a very caring person. I have been where you are, and was lucky enough to have the answers I needed readily available. Getting over anxious about health issues, is paralyzing. There was once a lady on this forum, much like you. She now has a lovely toddler, has moved on from her ALS worries, and is loving life again. It was hard for her, but she made it. When she stopped stressing and stayed off this forum, she got better. I stayed in touch with her and it's good to see that she moved on and is a great mum.
Honestly, see your doctor about your anxiety.

I too am in Modland but the short version is that I entirely agree with my fellow commentators and that she needs medical help for her illness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back