Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nj
City
Cmch
This is my symptoms diag with bells palsey a month ago moved to other side of face face feels heavey and sometimes tight can't close my eyes tight. Banding fleeing abouve left knee. Right foot feels week like I have to pick it up to move it and right arm has tremmor and pain. I am also having a hard time swallowing food and liquid and cough when trying. Also my tounge feel tight underneath. Also I am twitching all over. Does this sounds like Als it all started about 2 months ago. Some please respond thank you!

What did your doctor say? I'm sorry your having a rough time Sweets. Please ask your doctor about your concerns.

He is not really helping me just blowing me off. What do you think MRI was fine.

Anyone else have any thoughts very scared! I have two young children one that is very handicapped and they need me.

You have a Bell's palsy and your physician is blowing you off? Time to get a new physician.

As far as your symptoms and how they relate to ALS: They don't. Your symptoms are literally from head to toe and have presented in a matter of 2 months. That is not how ALS works. It is simply too fast. That sounds viral or autoimmune to me. You might want to think about a rheumatologist.

Make sure your voice is heard and keep looking for a physician that will take your and you seriously. I wish you the best.

Try going to a new Doctor. If yours is truly not helping you as you say - why would you not seek another opinion?

You have two big reasons to make an appointment today.

Alternatively, next time you have a big coughing/swallowing incident - call 911- that may speed up getting tests, diagnosis and treatment.

Wright is, as usual, right. Talk to your doc or get a new one... but ALS doesn't go to so many areas all at once. Good luck and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back