Not open for further replies.

Concearnedyoungfemale

Country
Ca
State
Ca
City
California
Since June 2012 I have noticed a decrease in the size of my lips, in a 4month period, in addition to my other symptoms I mentioned in othe le post.. What's could be the causes and is this a typical ALS symptom?

You really need to keep your concerns confined to one thread. It's much too difficult for many of us to go back and forth to find information in your history that you've already posted.

Hi... I thought we decided in one of your other recent threads that we were maybe freaking out a bit and need to relax and work with your doctors. What happened to that? Let's refocus.

It's the lips thing now, but tomorrow it will be a new thing you've discovered. Do you see how it's kind of an endless cycle? You have to just decide to stop looking for problems. As long as you're looking, you'll find them. Get out, hang with your friends, read a book, listen to music, nurture a hobby, go dancing -- take ownership of your anxiety and focus on something fun and positive. Easier said than done, and we don't know the whole you, the other fears and worries you have, the other challenges you might face in life, so this is really the best advice we can offer. Let's not see a post from you until you've spoken to your doctor and have something new to report. Good luck.

Way to go Luke. Excellent post. We have told her How numerous threads are no proper forum etiquet, however, I predict at least 4 more posts this month.

I could fix her lip and knock some sense into her at the same time

Luke is absolutely right; it doesn't matter what is wrong with you because you are destroying yourself anyway. You really need to see a doctor, and you really need to think a bit about other people.

And saying sorry is untruthful because you are not sorry; if you were then you would stop doing this...

Way to go Luke. Excellent post. We have told her How numerous threads are no proper forum etiquette, however, I predict at least 4 more posts this month.
Exactly how does the forum etiquette work?!

Case closed. You all agree?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we do, Luke. 25 posts in a few days is an obvious case of extreme anxiety we simply are not equipped here to help. Lips are mostly made up of fatty tissue, not muscle anyway.

Concerned, in all helpfulness, please see your GP and get some help. I think I remember you posting you have children? You owe it to them and yourself to deal with this anxiety before you really do make yourself ill. As I tried to tell you already, you can have done serious damage to yourself with your bulimia. One thing it can NOT do to you though, is cause ALS. I'm pretty sure someone else pointed out the damage from bulimia as well.

There are forums for you. Honest. This one is not it, I'm happy to say.

Agree with Notme fully. CYF needs help but not from this forum. She seems to have a lot of issues going on in her life and what she is putting her young family through is unfair. Reading all her posts she appears to be neurotic at best. ALS this week and God knows what next week. These rather obvious posters should not be entertained. Point them in the right direction and then ignore all following posts, it's the only way to stop them. It might seem harsh but there are people on this forum who put an awful lot of effort and time into replying to these people. Effort and time which could be better spent with genuine people with genuine concerns. I'm pretty sure the folks on this forum can spot the "time wasters" from their first post. Listen to them of course, but when it becomes obvious, draw a line under them and concentrate on the people who really need help. We all know about the Dor-Dor, English Rose etc etc scenario, where we wasted over 50 replies . 50 replies which could have gone elsewhere to help someone in real need of advice. I am maybe overstepping the mark here but it makes me very sad and angry to read posts here from people who are practically wishing this disease on themselves. A disease they know nothing about, but a "website" has informed them of. I'm sorry, but as someone who has watched and cared for a relative who has bravely lived with this and subsequently died from it, my tolerance levels may be quite low.

I started blocking people who's posts were irritating to me. When my dad started having health issues about 2 years ago ALS never once crossed our minds. I used to complain of every little ache and pain that I had. My physician cured me of that by ordering a barium enema. Lol Now I'm really sick when I go see him. Lol

Last edited:
My situation is real as are my concerns. I a poster here with a situation and I'd appreciate tha attacking to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back