Ssep, egg, ncv no neddle..Please respond !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concearnedyoungfemale

Country
Ca
State
Ca
City
California
Can ssep, EEG and ncs detect als? I need some advice, as theses are the only test my dr was willing to do, I have thin tonge and back of it feels weak, weak swallowing and talking issues, I'm 28 yr old black female

No reason to keep starting new threads! And yes i am yelling! CALL DR MILLER AT FORBES NORRIS IN SAN FRAN.

I'm new here, and you don't need to disrespect me , of I bother you I apologize , I'm dealing with a lot here, so please understand

No disrespect, however there is no need to start 3 threads asking the same question. Forbes Norris ALS Center can give you answers, they are doc tors, We are not.

With all due respect, CYF, most of the posters here are not just worried about ALS, they are actually LIVING it, either having it themselves or caring for a loved one who does.

And as someone else already pointed out, some posters are typing with their eyes or a stylus in their mouth. What's disrespectful is you continuing to ask people here for a diagnosis (which they are not qualified to provide) or answers to your repeated threads. Please go see your doctor.

I been informed, I do apalogize, again , I du understand the nature of those here, & meant no harm

You are concerned and rightfully so!

To answer your specific question....

NSC are normal in ALS, unless of course there are secondary issues.
EEG, not used in diagnosing ALS......maybe you mean EMG? If you do, then if certain specific abnormalities are found in several regions and the clinical examination is abnormal, pointing to motor neurons irregularities, then it can help in the diagnosis of ALS.
I have never heard of ssep, so can't comment.

No disrespect, however there is no need to start 3 threads asking the same question. Forbes Norris ALS Center can give you answers, they are doc tors, We are not.

Thanx so much for the info, I made an appointment , it's coming up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back