Learn about ALS
Country
No
State
Krakeroy
City
Norway
Hello again helpful people:smile:

7 weeks ago I started with widespread fasciculations and a feeling of weakness in my right side. Shoulder, arm, forearm and leg, thigh, butt... The feeling of weakness feels the same in all affected muscles.. I had a clean EMG of right arm, leg, thigh 6 weeks ago. I know you say clean emg, no als but find it hard to believe because my I feel fasciculations are now constant felt in both leg. Feels like a popcorn machine! My whole right "side" feels heavy and muscles burn easily if they are used. I also have noticed more cramping after exercise (I try;(), my left side muscles are all fine, just the usual stiffness after workout, while my right foot and arm aches and cramps like hell! This must be real weakness or what?
Is it common for ALS to start in both arm and foot at the same time, with same progress/ the muscles is equally weakening over time? I am really confused, don`t know if I can do this anymore...
Please do not be angry with me. I am asking because I see you as the most experienced persons when it comes to ALS and how it starts and FEELS like:)

Thank you in advance!

Love, Tina

Tina,
Nothing has changed.
This is the forth thread you have started.
Nothing has changed.
Go back and re-read what has been said to you by many people including Wright.
Nothing has changed.
There is no point in anyone telling you the same things again for a fifth time because you did not and will not believe what anyone says.
Nothing has changed.

I know I might sound silly, but this is a new question about ALS onset.... I do not mean to bother anyone.. Just wondering if ALS can present with weakness in both arm and foot at the same time, with the weakness I mean.. Hate this!

love, Tina

I'm wondering if this is yet another reincarnation of one of our previous posters. I've thought so from her first post.

Thinking the same thing deb. Just watching and wondering if it will run to 50+ replies.
Kiwi, she's just not listening. There are none so deaf as those who will not hear. Strangely enough, on the bfs forum, they are being swamped by posts by someone very similar. Just saying...... take care you two, speak soon. x

HI

No, it wouldn't start in an arm and a leg at the same time, and no, cramps don't mean real weakness.

Even the ignorant deserve compassion. Maybe the kind thing to do is decide we're going to politely close the thread now, recognizing we've dispensed sound advice that she'll perhaps heed when she's ready.

Luke, I hear what you're saying - but sometimes polite is ineffective. Sometimes impolite is equally ineffective.

If memory serves, Wright also took a lot of time and explained as well. Some people only hear what they want to hear, and if they fail to hear it, they will keep asking until they do. Personally, I don't get that.

Life's too short - so we just move on and/or ignore. Those who really need help here - get it here. Moreover, they also pass it on to others.

I agree on all fronts, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back