Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
no
State
oslo
City
oslo
hi, I am a bit confused when cramps are a problem in ALS, some say it is an early symptom but others say it comes late. I have problems with cramping at night (a few months ago I had in my feet and arms during night, now only one of the arms during night). What are yours experience, do they come early or late in the disease? also, do they come when you sleep or when you exercise?

I do not think these cramps alone, are indicitive of ALS, do you have any other symptoms that substantiate you claim of being in the process of being diagnosed? Explain cramps because some people get twitches, and cramps mixed up

I remember you, your the guy with the spotty MRI, normal EMG, no clinical weakness, no blood abnormalities, can do stuff at the gym and was told he did not have ALS.

All that aside. Muscle Cramps can be cause by a long Long LONG LONG list of things. Dehydrations, low calcium, pottasium and sodium, strenous activity ect ect.....

By the sounds of it your cramps are few and far between are not causing any significant distruption to ability to preform daily tasks and have settled down. You do not have any weakness and your emg was clean and your doctor told you it was not ALS. So my advice is to go be free and merry, go enjoy your life, you life were you only get cramps at night occasionaly in one limb.

Fresco, you make it very difficult on people here with multiple threads. Keep all your info in one thread, please.

As Rami said, tons of things cause cramps. Actually, they are quite common.

If they are localized in say a hand, there is a possible nerve injury like carpal tunnel.

ALS attacks LMN and UMN. I couldnt tell you which causes ALS cramps, but I have horrid cramps in my legs, which have UMN issues, and in my hands, which have LMN issues.

You work out, yours are very likely to be simple muscle overuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back