Learn about ALS
Country
IL
State
israel
City
tel aviv
Hello,
I have for the past 3-4 weeks pain in my left leg, that started after I had a workout in thr gy,. The ortho told me it's a strech on the muscle, but I in that few days since I had a fear of ALS becasue is searched the work "mucsle twitching". I went to a neuro a week after and I told him about my fear, he checked my reflex in the body and told me to go the beach and enjoy life, and the stickis in this forum helped me too to relax about an ALS.

But, a month later, I still have some pain in my knee, my ankle and have pain after I walk. I don't think I feel any weakness, my left leg is the weaker leg generaly.
Ididn't think I had ankle pain, only after I read one of the stickies and tried to a "foot drop" test by jumping on my left leg... :?

I know that probably I have nothing to worry about, but the doubt is eating me and so is the anxiety that maybe somehow I have ALS.

Sounds like you've hurt your leg and its not completely healed yet. Does not sound like A L S. Listen to your doc.

Shabbat Shalom,

If you can jump (and not even fall ) you're in great shape.

L'shanah tovah

thank you first of all.

If I can jump or even stand on my foot for a few seconds then it's ok?

Absolutely - ken

there's a sticky with a foot drop test?

I wouldn't worry, pain is generally not a presenting symptom of ALS. I had the same worry after my shoulder was still sore 2 weeks after carrying a heavy bag for about a mile. Muscle twitching is common after exertion of those muscles. I'm not a very active guy and my legs were going off like fireworks when resting after walking about 3 miles. I also get the occasional random twitch from time to time (I notice I get a lot more when I'm anxious).

It takes a long time for a muscle strain to heal. Months and months of babying it. Be patient with your body. It's not ALS.

Absolutely - ken

I see you like the hebrew language :smile:

If it's not too much of you guys, can you explain me what is that mean when someone have the start weakness in the leg because of ALS? is it something that you notice that is far more then regular weakenss?

the weaknes that I feel I guess is related to the strain, even though I have no Idea what exactly I have because the ortho didn't give me a specific answer.

If you had weakness, you'd be constantly tripping, your foot would "go out" from underneath you... With foot drop, your foot would make a slapping sound when you walk as the dorsiflection would be gone.

Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

Go out? what you mean like dragging the leg?

Like falling down.

Oh, okay.
Well, you kinda answer all my questions so I'm guessing I need to check up with my ortho again.
Thank you for the patientce and answers.

Try it in French Elaine, maybe third time will be the charm. Bonne chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back