Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Grand Prarie
I understand that there are many people whi ask questions and are worried. I do. But this all happened and it has me worried. I respect everyone and they're struggles, and I am inspired by the courage found here. It all started a month ago. I started feeling very dizzy, my head hurt and I started having twitching. I want to the dr who told me I was fine. After that, I started feeling the numbness in my right leg. I called back to the dr and she referred me to a neurologist. Before my appointment, I felt very weird and not right and started having a pressure in my chest. I went to the hospital for fear I was having a heart attack. They ran a ct scan, EKG, x-ray of my chest, urine analysis and bloodwork for vitamin deficiencies. Everything came back normal except that I had sinusitis. I took the prescribed pills. About a week ago, my symptoms became worse. Twitching started in my right leg, and this weird weakness came in. It feels hard to use, almost like after a strenuous exercise. My calf feels tight and it's like I'm walking a limp. My right arm feels the same way, hard to use. My middle finger gets this feeling as if it's made of lead. Does this sound like ALS? Thank you for your time and patience. I am a 20 year old female.

I apologize, I forgot to mention I have met with the neurologist and had more blood done as well as an MRI that all came back normal.

Did you end up seeing the neurologist?

ALS does not start with pain, you are too young for ALS!

It does not sound like ALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back