Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
Hi all,

It's great to see such a supportive community. I hope you can help me with some questions and ease some anxiety.

I am 19 F, and I have anxiety problems that my doctor recommend I see a psychiatrist for. Several months ago, I began having visible twitches in my extremities and neck. That alarmed me and sent me to the neurologist. He did an EEG on me, my head, my body and my limbs. Not sure what it's called but it was not invasive. It came back normal.

That was good news and my twitches stopped, except for some minor ones that would occur when I'm resting.

Recently, my legs becam really sore, not weak, but just sore to use. Sometimes I would have the pins and needles feeling, likes legs would fall asleep a bit. This happened on my feet and fingertips. Also, my tongue feels tight, but I'm swallowing ok.

My doctor recommended a B12 supplement since I'm on birth control, and this has helped dramatically with the soreness. I think it might just be in my head. However, my tongue still feels tight at times.

My doctor thinks its anxiety, and my neuro said a MRI is optional, though recommended as part of the regular procedure. I don't have full coverage so a MRI would be paid out of pocket. Any idea/help? Thanks! I typed this on my phone so pardon any errors

You don't need an MRI. You're fine. None of your symptoms are due to ALS. My guess is that it is anxiety like your doctor said.

There's an excellent thread here on the forums about anxiety. Please read it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back