Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
fl
State
fl
City
jacksonville
I am currently being examined by a neurological team at University of Florida (although I will may likely new changing to Mayo). I am a very athletic personal so the profound weakness, stiffness and cramps are very new to me. I have had a somewhat clean emg on one leg with a few lags...having upper emg tomorrow. My ent scoped my vocal cords and says they are both moving but he can't say of they are weak or not. My voice is very gradually getting raspy and easily fatigued. while waiting for diagnosis, I an trying too live life as normal: exercise, lifting weights etc......although my body doesn't enjoy the intense workouts anymore lol...
Just trying to maintain whatever normalcy I can and still have energy left for 4kiddos.

Any suggestions on further testing for speech, vocal cords and swallowing?
Thank you in advance
Toni

the profound weakness, stiffness and cramps are very new to me. I have had a somewhat clean emg on one leg with a few lags

What do you mean by "profound" weakness? What do you mean by "somewhat clean EMG?" How can you have a somewhat clean EMG?!?

LOL It's not funny.

I hope you have read the stickies. Please be more explicit.

listen to your body on workouts, decrease weight, increase reps, get off the dead weights, bar bells, dumb bells and stick with upper and lower body machines. recommend creatine before and after exersizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back