Learn about ALS
Country
Aus
State
Victoria
City
Melbourne
Hey guys,
My father has had muscle spasticity in his right leg for the past 6 months, he has severe trouble walking and now relies on a cane!
When he first saw a neurologist, they game him blood tests which came up clear, and then an MRI, which also came up clear without any signs off Al's, and then he had a MRI with contrast which also had no success in finding the cause of his walking troubles.

He now has been booked in for an emg in a couple weeks. The neurologist said that he thinks there is a possibility that it could be als, or pls!

Can anyone help me to see, if this symptoms are reflective of Als.

Thanks you!

His doctors sound like they are doing the right things, you just have to wait for the testing to finish. I'm sorry. There's a lot of thumb twiddling in the diagnostic process.

With his trouble walking, there isn't any pain, and when he isn't walking he has full moment and control of his leg, so he can move it in any way he desires without any trouble, but when he walks he says he's knee bends to the side automatically which causes his limp, does this sound like a symptom of als?

ALS doesn't affect joints, so try to stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back