Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
P
City
O
Over the last few months I have noticed that when I swallow it feels like I am swallowing phlegm (although not a particularly uncomfortable amount). My tongue has a coating towards the back, although this might be a normal coating. In the last few days when speaking, my voice sometimes almost cuts out like when you have a bad throat and need to clear it. However, I don't have a sore throat. I also noticed my leg fasics twice in the last month. Although my doctor ensured me these weren't consistent enough and I have no weakness in my legs. I'm not sure whether I have excess saliva (if I did would I be very aware?). Do these sound like bulbar symptoms?

I'm also not quite sure but I think my jaw is clicking slightly when I eat.

Maybe a little TMJ, maybe some Post Nasal Drip.

Stress and anxiety can be terrible.

If your Doc isn't too concerned that's a good thing.

Good luck,
Casey

I only asked the doctor about the fasics. I had no concern over the phlegm and tongue coating until my voice starting doing this at very random and infrequent times throughout the day. I am unsure if my jaw is really clicking or if its just normal and paranoia. Would it be noticeably loud and hurt?

Please see an ear, nose and throat and your dentist... They'll give you a more accurate answer.

Jen

No, they do not sound like bulbar symptoms. You just don't wake up one day and have bulbar ALS. Symptoms are insidious. Believe me, if you had excessive saliva, you would know it! Like suggested, see and E N T doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back