Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FLORIDA
City
FWB
I have been suffering since May, It all started with cramps all over my body, then spread to twitching everywhere w sharp shooting buzzing pains. After googling ( I know ) I saw als and it turned into hysteria for me. Literally, I had two jobs at the time and am now down to 1 because of my inability to focus. I got into see the 1st dr and he gave me a diagnosis ( without running a single test ) of Rhabdomyolisis since I had been gardening in the Florida sun prior to the onset. He said take fluids, you are far enough into it ( one month at this point ) and you will be fine. One month later, no change . I went to another Dr, he noticed my b12 was low and pottasium, and started treating those right away. Nothing improved. I waited another month and went back . He has now refered me for an emg but feels like its my anxiety. What I am experiencing now is the twitching, cramping ( all over but worse in arms , I work on the computer all day ) and my triceps in both arms shake like crazy . Any muscle I lay on, vibrates. Ex If I lay on my left side, my side will buzz , right side, same thing. If I lean up agains the counter my stomach vibraes and twitches. If I squeeze my hand together or clap, it sets off the vibrating in both arms . If I move my eyes to one side , my face starts trembling . Sometimes my whole head feels like its trembling. I dont knowif his is visable, my jaw trembles . It is all very very very worse when I lay down or stand still. I have been having constant panic attacks since all of this started and honestly dont know how much more I can take. My husband and 3 daughters have gotten so used to me being in the bedroom they dont even ask anymore where I am. My husband does all the housework and chores now. I work from home but I work in my bed now, no lnger in my home office. I am so cared because I read on here todday abot someone that he all of my symptoms and had als. I am 36 years old and my whole world has stopped. I had zero problems before this started, I actually had been doing major gardening for 4 days prior and felt better than I ever had. I have no weakness except the muscle pain makes it hard to do things. I had to reach out to someone. Thank you for listening.

Your name....need to calm down....says it all. When is your EMG? NO weakness usually means NO ALS. Please for your hubby, 3 daughters and for YOU get out of the bed and LIVE.

My emg is August the 8th, I am so scared all day everyday. I am trying, I swear , I am .

How do I get rid of that Facebook link ? Why is that on there ?

This doesn't sound AT ALL like any ALS I ever heard of.
It DOES sound heavy on the psyc, though.
I suggest seeing a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) because a psychiatrist can quickly take care of your symptoms while understanding both your body and mind. Psychiatrists are, first, medical doctors, MDs.

While waiting for your EMG results, I suggest you go to the beach.

Does not sound at all like our als. Not at all.

Thank you all so kindly, If nothing else, Those replies will maybe help me get through the night.

Any weakness whatsoever? I went through a panic attack phase(and still go thought it because there are so many unknowns). There's no shame in asking for depression and or anxiety medication until you get concrete answers. Best of luck to you.

Hey there, I had to look upb "Rhabdomyolisis" as I didn't know what it was, thought it was parasitic from what you said. is there any reason you don't believe that diagnosis? Are you on a statin for high blood pressure or have thyroid issues? Did your doc run any blood tests? I don't believe in statins personally, though they do seem to be the medicine that all the docs want to put us on...

Having said that, I really don't think that ALS is the issue here, but you do need to investigate it further, and talk to your docs. Go to the EMG, and see what that will tell you, but as hard as it is, you do need to keep on going. See if your doc has run a Lyme test as well. Good luck and get back to living!

My 2nd Dr said, no way, he said " you dont have rhabdomyolisis and you never did " The 2nd Dr ran blood work, I presume thats how he ruled it out.

I can still do everything I could before, sometimes, I think I feel weak but I think its more perceived because I can still do everything and when I am not thinking about it, I dont notice the weakness.

That's good on both counts then...

try to enjoy your summer and your kids while you wait for the emg

I am simply stunned at your post. You state you can do everything as you did before.......You have some twitches and a bit of muscle soreness, yet have taken to your bed.

Get out of bed and get moving or you many be alone in your house with your family living elsewhere

Its ok to be a bit worried, but concentrate on your family and you may find that your symptoms improve as you wont be spending all day everyday feeling sorry for yourself.

You need to try and change your attitude. Think about the people here typing with great difficulty, then look at yourself. Rejoice in everystep you take unaided. cook a meal and feel pleased that you can.

I never really felt sorry for myself when I was going down the "do I have ALS ", but I was still scared. I pushed myself harder than I ever had before, to honour the people here. I do not have ALS, thankfully and never forget those that do.

You can do it, just get OUT OF BED

Please get out of bed and think of your family! You really don't have time to check out now! You do NOT have ALS as your symptoms are nothing, nothing like what my husband experiences every day. He gets up every day, gets involved in his world, gets out in the community and has not given up one bit even though he can no longer speak or eat by mouth. You have lost no strength and nothing is noticeable when you don't think about it.... Force yourself to get out of your room and start living again.

Jen

You do not need help, as the title of your thread suggests. Go now. Live your life and be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back