Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
K
City
K
I've been having very infrequent fasciculations in my left calf & foot for a few weeks now (meaning they will knowingly fasiculate once every few days/weeks). However, I have just noticed that when I point my foot up and therefore flex my calf muscle, I have a VERY small dent in said calf. My,other calf looks nothing like this? Is it ALS/atrophy?

Basically what i'm saying is would an ALS dent only be present when the muscle is flexed/contracted? Or even when its relaxed?

No its not and when an ALS patient experiences fasciculations they are pretty regular not one twitch every few days. You do not have ALS. Stop examining your body and looking for signs of disease nothing good can come from it.

Bodies are not completely symmetrical. There are differences between your arms, legs, hands, feet, etc. The dent in your leg is probably just one of these anomalies and nothing to worry about it.

The fasciculations your describe are not consistent with the fasciculations experienced in ALS.

In answer to your question---atrophy would be obvious in any position. I should send you a picture of my hand and arm. It's apparent when there is atrophy, hon. It's not a 'dent'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back