Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
O
City
O
Around 3/4 weeks I began to very occassionaly feel and see a 'double beat' in my left foot. Since then, I have on two occassions (about 2/3 weeks apart) noticed a 'rippling' twitch in my leg calf. I cannot feel this, only see it. It is usually very fine and especially on the second occassion was hard to see. I have noticed that the only time i've seen these calf movements is when I have just been sitting on that leg and have got puns and needles as a result. Does this sound like fasciculations?, or is it more likely just because i've sat on my leg so much that the blood is pumping back through? (that might sound ridiculous). I don't hace any weakness but am scared it will come. Can fasciculations proceed weakness? I also constantly have phlegm in my mouth. I don't feel the need to cough it up and can easily swallow it but it has left a nasty coating on my tongue. I have also has issues with occassionaly hand tremors, and joint/chest pain.

Your symptoms sound very very minor and are most probably nothing
go to your doctor for reassurance and please dont worry about ALS. As one who worried for 3 years it can and will ruin your life so please stop googling and go see your doctor. the anxiety achieves nothing . good luck

Yes they probably are fasciculations, but not a worry. I have them 24/7 and thousands a day, and I am just dandy.
Its also important that you do not look at every little ache and pain , then try and make them into a syndrome. You sound way too anxious about nothing. I cant believe you found an ALS site to investigate. Go out and enjoy the rainy summer you are having.

Check your home page, sent you a message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back