Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Kelowna
I recently posted a question about bulbar symptoms following an EMG.

Thank you for your replies.

This posting will be more brief and to the point.

1. Is it possible to present widepsread symptoms that include atrophy in all areas of the body(all four limbs, chest, back, shoulders, neck) and bulbar symptoms (hoarseness, weak eyelid closure). All within about 7 weeks from first symptom? I have muscle twitching as well in legs, arms and calves. This seems like a very fast progression!

2. Are weak eylids a symptom?

Many thanks for your support

what did your doctor say? and did he suggest any type of treatment?

Drooping eyelids is a sign of M G. This is really something you should be talking with your doctors about.

Thank you Fitzroy and Sadiemae for your time,
I have had a clean emg on my limbs and a clean physical exan from my neuro. These were a couple weeks ago.
It has been since that time that the bulbar stuff has happened. Is all of this in 7 weeks typical.
Thank you again.

I recently posted a question about bulbar symptoms following an EMG.

Thank you for your replies.

This posting will be more brief and to the point.

1. Is it possible to present widepsread symptoms that include atrophy in all areas of the body(all four limbs, chest, back, shoulders, neck) and bulbar symptoms (hoarseness, weak eyelid closure). All within about 7 weeks from first symptom? I have muscle twitching as well in legs, arms and calves. This seems like a very fast progression!

2. Are weak eylids a symptom?

Many thanks for your support

This sounds like MG which there is a blood test for .But there is no atrophy with MG

I don't know who saw the atrophy .You or a doctor

You don't mention test or if you even went to a physician

Pat

I can't close my eyelids tightly... I get soap in my eyes with every shower.. I think they are closed but they're not.. Now I keep a towel in the shower so I can dry them immediately after rinsing..

Thank you Fitzroy and Sadiemae for your time,
I have had a clean emg on my limbs and a clean physical exan from my neuro. These were a couple weeks ago.
It has been since that time that the bulbar stuff has happened. Is all of this in 7 weeks typical.
Thank you again.

Healthy1 -

You sound just so much like Rocks it's really amazing don't you think? Same 7 weeks and exact same symptoms ... WOW
Thought we explained everything to you the other day... remember?

Whoops, I have a hard time keeping things straight to and there is only one of me.

Very observant. Rocks posts the first, then his alter Healthy1 posts in response. He can not keep his screen names straight. Our dear KMendsley did the same thing. And many more before her or him.

They really do think we are dumb as rocks, don't they:)

What's wrong with these clowns .Don't they realize it's extremely difficult physically emotionally and mentally for a lot of people on this forum . Yet they are kind enough to help relieve your pain anxieties and concerns
Please take that into consideration before you post

Pat

Anyone use Nigella Sativa? (dark seed oil)

Edited--as it's been addressed elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back