I recently joined this forum and have EMG questions.
I had an EMG last week. It was performed on my left leg and arm. . It included the tricep, foream, and the muscle between thum and forefinger as well as tjhe qaud, shin and calf.
The reason for the EMG was due to muscle wasting and coordication issues and fasciics.
The EMG was normal.
1. Would the emg pick up problems in other areas of my left side not tested. For example, if there was wasting, fascicis in my left bicep, would it have been noticed by the emg on the tricep?
2. The reason it was perfomed on the left side is that I feel that I have wasting in the thumb in the muscle between the thunb and forewinger. The Doc stuck the needle directly into that area and there was not problem. The emg would have noted the atrophy, correct?
3. I also feel my tricep has wasted a bit. Even thoguh the needle did not go direclty into the exact head of the tricep that is of concern, would the emg have picked it up?
4. Would being clean on the left also reflect being clean on the right side of my body?
5. The doctor used little needles. Almost like acupuncture needles rather than larger ones. Is this typical. These are disposable rather than the ones that are cleaned and used over and over.
Thank you for any and all input regarding these emg questions.