Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Pittsburgh
Since originally posting to this forum with questions 2-3 weeks ago, I am back now with a few more questions regarding my new/progressing symptoms. My hands continue to feel weird, changes in dexerity, feeling as if my coordination has changed. Originally this was only felt in my right hand now more recently I have noticed this in my left as well. I did notice last friday that this sensation completely resolved for approximately 10 hours, leaving my hands feeling quite normal. Is there any way this could have been a sign of reinervation followed my deinnervation as my symtpoms returned upon waking the next day? I have also had the chance to speak with a neuro-opthlamologist who complete an exam I my reflexes and wS surprised by how strong they were but when I asked he if she felt they were pathologic I got a ugh no but not a clear answer. Any thoughts would b e appreciated.

No once a muscle has died, as happens with ALS, it will never feel normal. It took many months for my husbands left hand to have symptoms. His symptoms all started on his right side. Haven't read any of your earlier posts, but if your doctor has not scheduled you for an EMG, the doctor does not suspect ALS. Listen to your doctor, PLEASE!

Thank you for your response, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and knowledge. I have had an emg with my neuro documenting the following "Minimal non specific abnormalities, not diagnostically significant".

He has also stated that he would complete another one at a later date. I believe I have read that signs would have show on the first one ?

Thank you I will read through it.

Hands feeling like they have lost dexterity is a common symptom of BFS and also Fibro..Not everyone will get this symptom but it is a frequent complaint on my BFS chat room with many of the members...I still have this symptom my self...I have days where I dont notice it much and I have days I will notice it with every movement my hand or hands make...Having handwriting issues because of this symptom is also quite common with us BFSers..

You are welcome to PM me if you would like to talk more..

Take Care

Robynn LeAnne :)

Hi again,

Sorry you are still having issues. What did your doc say about your eyes? Are you still having blurry vision?

Thank you Robynn. I appreciate your response. I have noted intermittent hand writing issues as well. Not that my writing has changed, just some difficulty at times Ghostwriter... The vision symtpoms seemed To have subsided. I have not noticed anything recently. Check up went well doctor did not note any changes in my eyesor feel that there was anything currently that I should worry about. Just hoping these hand symptoms go away soon. Thank you again for your response.

Thanks for the update.

That's great about your eyes. I had thought Myasthenia Gravis could have been possible from your very first post. I didn't want to cause you undue worries, and just stressed addressing your concerns with your doctor. I too hope your hand issues clear themselves and the follow-up EMG never becomes necessary.

Best wishes, Roger

Thank you again for your response ghost writer. Do you feel the had symptoms are consistent with Als at all ? Again like I stated myself above I had one emg completed with minimal non diagnostic abnormal findingings noted. I had only two muscles tested in my hand. From what I have read on here the first emg would have picked up findings consistent with Als? Sorry of all the questions. I appreciate everyone's help here.

Your hand symptoms don't seem like ALS to me. I hope to have made that clear a few weeks ago. As I read your post eariler, your weakness coming after doing some various task also led me to think about MG. I feel you shouldn't continue to worry about ALS, your doctor said no ALS.

Try to take ALS out of your mind. Follow up with your GP if feel your anxiety begins to affect your life.

Best wishes, Roger

There is a pretty accurate blood test for MG .You can ask your GP about .I know weakness relief after rest is more common in MG.But ask your doctor .

Thank you all again for your support and answers to my questions. I will def ask my GP and neuro about MG. One last thing I have noticed intermittent (lasting 1 to 2 seconds) of sharp pains into my forearms and less often into my quads. I have also had a lot of muscles soreness, still no clinical weakness. I am scared that it could possibly be the muscle dieing. Any inputs? And again I appologize, I am trying hard not to let my anxiety or emotions get the best of me.

Wait to see your GP.You new symptoms are really not different than your others you had .Try not to worry.It doesn't change the outcome

Be sure to update AFTER you see your GP

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back