Learn about ALS
Country
SG
State
Singapore
City
Singapore
Hi all,

I have recently joined this forum from Singpaore as I am unsure about my current condition.

About a year and a half ago I experienced severe fasiculations in my calfs. I also experience toungue muscle movement on my left hand side. This went one for about a year and has stopped over the last six months.

Now, when walking I feel as though my left leg is weaker than the right but there is no muscel mass change. In fact the left is the same size almost to the right. It feels like I am weak at the knee sometimes and sometime the calf feels tight or a dull cramp maybe.

Last week I noticed my back twitching and today it is happening again on my right sholder. I took off my shirt at work to have a look and noticed that the mucel is moving underneath my skin on its own and is it quite pronounced. It is a little rythmic (pull, pull; pull pull; pull pull pull; pull; pull) and is localised in the same spot (i.e same pulling on the same muscle).

Calling a spade a spade I am a little paranoid. I did see a neuro about my legs a year ago and he stuck these needles in to my calfs. boy did it hurt and the results came back that the fasiculations were in fact or seems rythmic.

At the end of the day I am no expert but just some advice on whether this seems like an onset of ALS or should I go back to the nero, or should I push through the anxiety I am having as a result of the movements in my back and dull cramping in my left calf.

Hope someone can help possibly.

No doesn't sound like the onset of ALS. You had a normal EMG, so that answers that.
Sounds like your rhythmic twitches in your back is myokymia, not fasciculations. They will probably just stop. Many people get them occasionally.

If you are worried, get another referral and get your mind put to rest. A simple clinical examination can test for any weakness. Of course you are anxious, so go get an expert to check you, rather than non medical forum followers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back