Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
philadelphia
sorry to be asking so many questions lately, but one more question I have is does the spasticity or stiffness associated with ALS lessen upon relaxing or is it felt constantly? Also does resting relieve the spasticity at all? last question is does the spasticity feel relatively like cramping when the muscle is used?

Even beginning to answer this is going to serve no purpose other than to feed your already unhealthy anxiety regarding ALS. You're 18--you don't HAVE ALS.

None of your symptoms resemble ALS. You've nearly starved yourself if you've lost 20 lbs in a month. See a good GP, eat and stay off the internet looking up rare diseases!

Good Luck to you. I know I sound mean--but I'm hoping no one answers these questions--because they simply don't need to make you worry more. I went back and read your other posts. You've been told that none here think your condition resembles ALS. We are not doctors--we can't diagnose you--but we all know that you need NUTRITION and less health anxiety.

Yo don't sound mean, I understand, thank you

If you have any more questions that you want to get any kind of answer to, go back to your original thread and ask them there. Creating a new thread every time something pops into your birdbrain just shows us that you are more interested in getting attention then you are in getting real answers.

And, since it is attention that you want, go pay your doctor (or the entertainment lady/dude of your choice) and he/she will give you as much attention as you can afford. Since you are starving yourself to death, you might as well go out with a smile on your face.

It is not attention i am after at all... I have questions and I am completely new to this forum. I did not know it worked that way and that I should have just posted them on top of the same thread. I can understand why you would be annoyed with that, but at the same time there is no reason for you to try and personally attack my motives and character. I am asking these questions on this forum because there seem to be many experienced people here that know what they are talking about. I understand that you all are not doctors, but at the same time I know you understand that the time in between seeing a doctor can be a long time especially when this is a new extremely scary experience and talking with more experienced people than myself can give me some insight. I also read in one of your posts that you said people should respect others because health anxiety is very real to the people as well. I am not at all trying to compare my current state to what the people on here go through every day, but I am in a lot of physical discomfort and my symptoms are very strange and new. With that I think it is completely reasonable that I have been asking questions in between my wait of seeing a doctor and I now know to post them on a current thread instead of creating a new one. You seem to offer very good advice to people, but I think you should start trying to do it in a nicer way. Just as you said your "not a doctor", you don't know what the people who you are speaking down to are going through. Thank you for your previous responses to my posts, but in the future if I post something else (in a current thread of course) I would rather you not comment on it if you have something completely judgemental and negative to say. From what I can see this is a forum for coping, learning, honesty, and some guidance, not negativity.

So, the whiny little weenie wants to show off his fangs. Let's see what (besides an overinflated ego and an underinflated intellect) you've got.

It is not attention i am after at all... I have questions and I am completely new to this forum. I did not know it worked that way and that I should have just posted them on top of the same thread.

Thumbs down. If you've read this site in enough depth to pull a statement of mine completely out of context to use as a weapon against me, you've seen me tell other folks to keep their tales and followups in one thread so us folks that really are physically challenged when it comes to computer use don't have to gather your precious little droppings all over the forums. We get folks like you who like to play "My post first" game regularly, so I have this discussion at least once a month and sometimes once a week.

I can understand why you would be annoyed with that, but at the same time there is no reason for you to try and personally attack my motives and character.

You registered here three days ago and have created three new threads in less than 24 hours concerning vague complaints that your "numerous doctors" don't seem to think need any therapy (since none was prescribed).

And it's obvious that you haven't read any of the sticky posts in this forum, especially the one entitled "Some Advice to Questioners, from an Answerer". If you had read that post, you would realize that items 1-3 and 6-9 apply directly to you. You ignore the advice we put up -- it p*sses people off because it's disrespectful, no matter how much "I don't mean to offend anyone" pabulum your surround your boring little tales with.

Disrespect for the forum. Remembering one thing a senior member said that you could twist in your favor while "conveniently" forgetting all the things that you've seen that member has said in the past that shreds your whole tale of woe like a cat shredding tissue paper. Twisting medical terms and trying to manipulate others into giving you the answers you want. Ignoring the advice of trained physicians. Ignoring the advice of people who have years more experience seeing, caring for, or living with ALS than you have. Making 3 threads about your condition in about 24 hours. What about those things doesn't scream egocentric attention-seeking hypochondriac to you?

I am asking these questions on this forum because there seem to be many experienced people here that know what they are talking about. I understand that you all are not doctors, but at the same time I know you understand that the time in between seeing a doctor can be a long time especially when this is a new extremely scary experience and talking with more experienced people than myself can give me some insight.

Go read the sticky post I mentioned above. Items 6,8, and 9 are my response to you on these points.

I also read in one of your posts that you said people should respect others because health anxiety is very real to the people as well. I am not at all trying to compare my current state to what the people on here go through every day, but I am in a lot of physical discomfort and my symptoms are very strange and new. With that I think it is completely reasonable that I have been asking questions in between my wait of seeing a doctor and I now know to post them on a current thread instead of creating a new one.

Actually, looking up your symptoms on the Internet between appointments was the worst thing that anyone with your level of health anxiety should do. Why? Because you cannot view the symptoms in your body with any degree of objectivity. Furthermore, you don't do research in enough depth before you're distracted by something rare, dark, and deadly and start checking off that condition's symptom list. My proof for those assertion -- you're here, posting in this forum, asking "Do I Have ALS?"

You seem to offer very good advice to people, but I think you should start trying to do it in a nicer way. Just as you said your "not a doctor", you don't know what the people who you are speaking down to are going through. Thank you for your previous responses to my posts, but in the future if I post something else (in a current thread of course) I would rather you not comment on it if you have something completely judgemental and negative to say. From what I can see this is a forum for coping, learning, honesty, and some guidance, not negativity.

Frankly, I don't give a lusty crap what you think I should do. And cooing sympathetic words to a hypochondriac isn't help, support, or positivity. It's feeding your obsession.

I just call'em like I see 'em, Junior. Don't read the replies if you can't stand the heat. Of course, you might just miss the insight that clicks for you and frees you from this little crystal prison you're building for yourself.

And that would be a shame.

See you around.

u is a tough egg, troggs.......even am scared of u.......

I see Samb's light is on. I bet he's typing like........crazy. For the love of God boy go out side and get some sun.

el-oh-el!

tr, you should really offer a cigarette to the poor chump after that good of a screw. ;)

You stated " this is a forum for coping, learning and HONESTY. " you are correct. You have just been given all of that very loudly and clearly.

We have helped you cope, by helping you see how foolish you are being, therefore your AL's anxiety is unjustified......that should help you cope.

We have helped you, by providing good advice and a great list of stickies .................they will help you learn.

We have been Honest, by telling it exactly as it is........................but you don't like that one.

A person dying of ALS, finds it excruciating, to watch a person unnecessarily wasting their wonderful life, second guessing the doctors and hunting for the reasons they Have got ALS, when it's clear they do not. They care so darn much that they try anything to knock some sense, into peoples senseless ramblings.

ITS ALL ABOUT CAREING ABOUT YOU,!

I completely understand what all of you with comments directed towards me are saying. I understand your frustration based on the fact that you all don't believe I have ALS and that I continue to ask questions. My questions were being asked for the purpose of learning more about the disease and I must also admit reassuring myself. The point you have stated is understood by me...that you don't believe I have ALS and that I am just being obsessive and a hypochondriac. I'll agree, I was extremely worried and stressed, but with that I am still interested in learning about the disease (whether I have it or obviously not) and I hope I can continue to post and learn. My point was for me a question is a question and I just thought it was a bit harsh to respond so critically without knowing my intentions.

I also do understand your motive now...ithink.

That to get across a point to people with health anxiety you have to be harsh or they will not take it for what it is worth.

My questions were being asked for the purpose of learning more about the disease and I must also admit reassuring myself.
Lets just assume this is true. You have been "reassured" already. But since you'd like to learn more I'll educate you just a bit. Not me personally but some several of the people who have been kind enough to answer your questions are doing so not whizzing away at 60 wpm but typing letter by individual letter using their eyes or head or one bent finger or some other body part that still works well enough to move but is not particularly well suited to use on a key board. It's a bit of an effort for them. So if you want to show some respect and appreciation then stop posting. Take a step back and read what has already been written here 1000 times about ALS to your heats content, but stop posting. Sadly not much has changed since most of it was written, you'll be well informed.

My point was for me a question is a question and I just thought it was a bit harsh to respond so critically without knowing my intentions.

And my point was -- and is -- if you ignore people when they tell you the truth, starting with your doctors and through the senior members of this forum, PALS and CALS alike, you'll p*ss people off and they will stop responding to you in a way that you would like. Remember how mad you got as a child when your mother would say "Because I said so"? Your attempts to manipulate people into giving you what you want are just as transparent and as exasperating now as they were when you were a toddler. So, my previous post to you on this thread is the "Because I said so" from the senior members of this forum.

If you want to be treated like an adult, then act like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back