Not open for further replies.

fromeurope25

Country
EU
State
espanyol
City
barcelona
can you tell me if you know(in personal storys, statistic, or real life) how long people have fasciculations without other symptoms and then they get ALS?
and you can tell me does the bulbar ALS fasciculations, come and go or constantly fasciculated ? all day, every day or one day jes that a couple does not ..? thank you very much for your answers..

Most people who experience fasciculations in the absence of clinical weakness have " benign fasciculations". They are very common. I have them 24/7 for 4 years and no ALS.

Most people with ALS are nor even aware they have fasciculations, they are noticed by their doctor during the clinical examination.

Usually people have other symptoms before they notice the fasciculations, most commonly clinical weakness. They have found that they are unable to do a task that they could previously do, eg, walking, doing up buttons, swallowing fluids.

ALS symptoms including bulbar do not come and go. That's a good sign that the condition is benign fasciculation syndrome.

comes and goes, but in which time period? for example does this mean that: i have fasciculation in my tongue sometimes, since 6 month i have, two month i dont have, and this month i have fasciculation on tongue one weak. some days i dont have or a little. i want her answers for my question here and my first question if you could. thank you

how long people have fasciculations without other symptoms and then they get ALS?

MND can develop and you may not show any symptoms for months. The symptoms do not cause ALS. I did not notice my fasics until I had significant weakness and foot drop and a dirty EMG. Have a doctor evaluate you as there are many causes of fasics.

They will not come and go. I already said that. They will stop when the muscle has atrophied. Now that you have told a tiny bit about your symptoms, I can say, they do not sound at all like symptoms os bulbar ALS.

and one question about weaknes in arms or legs, does weaknes come in one day, you cant anything wit leg or arm or slowly you feel weaknes? please little explain me, i see you know better. thanks

First of all you need to see a doctor to determine if the weakness is real or perceived. WEakness is progressive.

It's a gradual, progressive weakness, which should be read as inability to move/function, not a tired muscle. I didn't wake up one day unable to move my first 2 fingers n my right hand. It went from a "hey, that's weird" to "dangit, why did I drop that?" to "alright, this is starting to tick me off!" Went to a hand surgeon, did EMG of only that arm - I never saw the report, but was told it appeared mostly centered to one nerve that only innervated motor function, hence the no tingly or numbness. Had a big fancy surgery to release the nerve only to find out the nerve looked perfect. 2 months later fingers on the other hand started to drop and weakness spreading up my arms. A referral to a neurologist and the rest is history.

Bulbar coughin?

can you tell me is someon with bulbar have this symptom: sometimes something in my throat iritated me and i must coughin. that i fell like i cooking an papper iritated me and i must coughin, the same feeling. does have someon with bulbar this?

OK it's time to throw the flag on the field fromeurope. No more questions and no more posts unless you have seen a qualified neurologist. You are welcome here but every question you are asking has been answered countless times and can be answered with a simple search.

You are not listening/reading and if you are not a troll, you have health anxiety issues we cannot help you with.

Troll feeders need to stop feeding too.;-)

ok, i go from this page, but please yust answer me my last question. please. i youst need advice and i go. youst last question, thank you

only last question please good people, is that have anyon with bulbar als?

You always say "just one more and I'll go" GO! You've been answered over and over and over under different...nevermind. I won't rant on you. Just read your answers you already have.

Aly said:

ALS symptoms including bulbar do not come and go. That's a good sign that the condition is benign fasciculation syndrome.

They will not come and go. I already said that. They will stop when the muscle has atrophied. Now that you have told a tiny bit about your symptoms, I can say, they do not sound at all like symptoms os bulbar ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back