Not open for further replies.

fromeurope25

Country
EU
State
espanyol
City
barcelona
Can someone tell me does hypertony muscle pain?
I have fasciculation in my all body inclouding tongue. Im my tongue fasciculation blink one day and after that stop and after 2 month again blink. Fasciculation in my arm and my foot move my little finger. Is that normal? My fasciculation is like popcorn in my all body. It was be and stoped. except that in my left foot and all leg i can feel something then i can discribe like vibration inside of leg. is all that sounds like als?
can you answer me.. thanks

If I was you I would go to a Dr. and get tested. It could be anything at this point. Alot of stuff sounds like ALS, but could also be MS, a virus ect...It's hard to tell anything with the info you have given us unless you get some test, then you will now what you have to deal with.
Have you been to a DR. about this jet?

Fasiculations alone are not a symptom of ALS. There must be clinical signs of weakness which your physician will be able to note on exam. Please see your doc for your concerns.

I have fasciculations 5 years, including tongue..and have nothing else than fear of ALS. If you have only fasciculations, especially after one year and 4 months, then check benign fasciculations syndrome. It is thought that BFS is a variant of peripheral nerve hyperexcitability, mostly of uknown origin.

My post waits for moderator to approve..so again: I have widespread (everywhere) fasciculations (tongue too) for 5 years. I am 26 and do not have ALS. Check benign fasciculations syndrome (google for aboutbfs - community of people with this). The key thing is that you do not have any weakness which is nearly always the first thing that people with ALS notice.

Grr, third attempt. Looks like certain words go for moderation approval everytime.
I am 26, have fasciculations for 5 years, everywhere including tongue. You do not have a weakness after year and half, so ALS is virtually off the chart. I do understand your fear, but its weakness that patients notice first, nearly always..

Europe, fasciculations are EXTREMELY common. I have thousands a day and have done for 4 years. It's just normal for me and many other people. Doesn't mean you have anything wrong with you at all. Especially in the absence of other neurological anomalies.

It's a bit like Having a cough.........you don't imediately think you have lung cancer? So a fasciculation does not mean a terminal illness.

If you have a finger moving with the twitches then you probable have myokymia, which again does not point to anything sinister.

Sounds like you will be just fine, but if you are worried, then get your anxiety allayed at your doctors office. That usually helps a lot.

Best wishes

If we told you the exact symptoms of ALS, we might be able to find a cure by now. They are different in everyone. But you should not worry, by the symptoms you described it doesn't sound anything like ALS.

You seem to have fasciulations that are bugging you. Please try looking into Benign Fasciulation Syndrome and see if this describes more of your symptoms.

By the way, this isn't a Instant Messaging site. A lot of us have problems typing and either use voice software or type with one finger at a time...so it takes a bit. Whenever members have time to come on this forum they do to help out. Please be patient in waiting for your answers. Thanks and good luck to you.

thanks for yours answering, i understand, i can wait for answ, no problem. i have something like buzzing in my left foot and sometimes in left leg. i have fasciculation in my left hand who has move my finger, that is passed before 8 month, sometimes in my foot fasc move finger i can feel it. i feel fasc in my legs, in my arms, my face, tongue.. i have negative babinski, my reflex are normal. can i have this symptoms because pinched nerves in back?

Doesn't sound anything like ALS. I would get it checked and treated though. It is most likely caused by anxiety. Good luck Dear!

thanks mr pie for answering me. i m not person who is anexity or panic because of something. i have that fasciculation. i have buzzing in my leg. sometimes when i bend myselph it started to have fasc in my leg. when i deep breath and move muscle in my back in some pozicion started to fasciculation and wibration, buzzing. i can move my back and cause fasc in my legs, because of that i think maybe is some pinched nerve or something like that.. i was in doctor because of back and he tell me that he see in my back a little biger tonus on left side of my back, maybe because of wrong pozicion when i study.( i was in one pozicion every day 1 year bent and learning) maybe its because muscle iritating nerves and that is reflected on fasc in my leg.. it takes one year and 6 month.

Some people just twitch. It does not mean ALS when it's just twitching. Twitching plus many many other symptoms and tests to prove it's nothing else before a diagnosis of ALS. Some people that do have ALS do not have twitching muscles. Some do but they have many more symptoms. Do you have any other symptoms other than twitches? If not, than it is not ALS. I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back