Not open for further replies.

canadian27

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Brantford
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my thread. I have recently noticed a decline in my health, and I'm concerned it might be ALS. I first noticed about a year ago while laying in bed rushes of cold and hot up and down my legs. Also I felt winded and generally fatigued most of the time. I feel a slight burning or pins and needles feeling and my legs and feet, and also my forearms and a little bit on the outer sides of my arms and shoulders. I have had bloodwork done twice and a holter monitor come back with no results. I feel slightly slightly dumbly when doing things with my arms and hands but mostly just very noticeable heaviness, fatigue and the sensation of hot/cold, and pins and needles in my forearms and hands. Just in the last couple days my right leg and flute feel as tho I have been sitting on them and they've fallen have asleep at all times. No crazy loss of strenghy yet, just fatigue and heaviness.

I just hope to hear reflection from those with more personal input, and thoughts while I wait for more dr. Appts.
Thanks again.

Your symptoms sound nothing like ALS. Keep searching (not here) for answers but it doesn't resemble ALS

Loss of sensation, pins and needles, hot/cold feeling, burning have nothing to do with ALS.

You have no weakness just fatigue and heaviness= No ALS

Get MRI's of brain and especially neck for possible reasons there...you have something going haywire for sure but it is not ALS.

Good luck to you.

The symptoms that you list here aren't ALS symptoms. Forget about ALS and go to your primary care physician so you can find out what is wrong with you.

Sensory nerves are not affected by ALS--they are the nerves that cause things like pins and needles sensations.

There are a whole host of things that can cause muscle fatigue--but ALS causes progressive weakness and loss of function. I'd recommend you read the sticky posts--as you apparently haven't done so yet.

I think all the sensory problems point away from ALS.

Does not sound like ALS. If you don't like the results of your first diagnosis, please go see another doctor.

Hi guys, been having more and more muscle weakness in my shoulders, arms and calf muscles, and still seem to be very fumbly with my hands. Fasciculations fairly consistently throughout the right side of my body, and just feel very fatigued. Another visit to Gp resulted in scheduling a head MRI, which will be weeks away. Kinda feels like there's pressure against my windpipe and as if I'm constantly swallowing. Very worried, terrified actually about everything that's going on, wish I was braver or more positive like you guys. Does any of this sound like what you guys went thru? Thanks

We can not diagnose you. You, like many others are just going to have to wait for the tests to come along with results from the gp. Like we have already said, we do not believe you have ALS.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but in your second post your symptoms changed in that you left out your problems with tingly/sensation/numbness. Your throat thing sounds like anxiety manifesting itself from g o o g l i n g your symptoms or reading too many posts of PALS and CALS on the forum.

Take a break from the internet. Get the MRI. Wait for the results. And foremost, make sure you tell exactly your gp what your symptoms are...and don't change them so they sound more like the symptom results of ALS when it is g o o g l e d.

Good luck to you.

Have you seen a doctor? If you haven't ...GO!

Your title says ALS symptoms, however nothing that you listed points to ALS. I suggest you see your primary Dr for an answer and not google.

Does any of this sound like what you guys went thru? Thanks

No, it doesn't sound like anything that I went through. Never heard of any other ALS patients going through anything like that either, though there's a possibility that somebody has.

You might have better luck finding patients like you at a b o u t B F S dot c o m.

Hi again guys. More tests today, dr tested reflexes thoroughly and checked for babinski's sign. He found that my babinskis reflex was absolutely normal, but found that I was "showing a slightly brisk" reflex in my legs. Which worries me also... He said that it didn't necessarily fall outside the normal range but it was noticeable. What does this mean for outlOok for early ALS? Is babinski's sign always present? Just to clarify, I do have fasiculations and I do feel fumbly with my hands and heaviness in my shoulders and foot. Still awaiting an MRI and am trying to get a referral to a neurologist. Thanks and god bless

What does this mean for outlOok for early ALS?

It pretty much confirms that you don't have early ALS.

Is babinski's sign always present?

Why do you worry about it so much?

Just to clarify, I do have fasiculations and I do feel fumbly with my hands and heaviness in my shoulders and foot. Still awaiting an MRI and am trying to get a referral to a neurologist. Thanks and god bless

You've had an essentially normal clinical neurological exam -- yet again. What is going to be enough evidence for you to believe that you don't have ALS?

This is not place to diagnose you. Consult a professional & get yourself tasted. There are so many other things involved before jumping on correct diagnosis. Your symptoms does not resemble with ALS at all. Meet your doctor ASAP.
Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back