Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
all - i've sorted through what posts i could find on this topic so i wouldn't have to bother anyone with a new thread, but couldn't really find much.

best i can gather from what i've read, it's a feeling of a particular muscle being pulled and/or twisted, is that right? also from what i've read, a person knows if they have it, although it's very difficult to describe.

just trying to differentiate between it and simply a sore/stiff neck, shoulders, all over back.

apologies if this is a vague and poorly worded post.

spasticity is different than a feeling of a pulled muscle. Think of a severe tightness in muscles. It can even affect how you walk if it's bad enough.

It would be rare for there to be spasticity in your back--it would normally start in an arm or leg with things like PLS or ALS

I describe it like my muscles are so tight that they feel like they are shrinking up. Each morning it's hard to walk cause they are so tight and it takes a while to get them loosened up.

Thanks to both of you for the responses.

I thought it would be strange to start in the back/neck too, since also from what I've read it's almost like a bit of an arthritis presentation, in that things are just very difficult and tight to move.

I describe it kind of like a charlie horse.....a really bad one like in the middle of the night when your leg has completely gone rigid and the only thing you can do to relax it is massage the area...not that it helps spacisity...massaging the area...but that is how I describe it best.

Spasticity I would describe as sticking that body part in a bucket of ice for an hour then trying to move it around like normal, but it just won't work the way it should.

Again, thanks guys, those descriptions make sense.

CGAR, I'm from Waterloo - we're really close to each other.

spasticity in my leg, quads makes my leg go straight all tightened up and cant bend it, have to wait for it to release.

Sorry clichti, your not allowed to have ALS, this area already has too many.

Hang in there.

Yes CGAR, it would appear. Southern Ontario is skewing the stats.

spasticity affects ur joints...so ur neck could be caused by it....on the contrary most people dont know they got spaz until the neuro tells em....spaz creeps up so slowly u do think ur going arthritic...............hope that was useful...johnno...

I'm in Orangeville so I guess were all relatively close but I go to Sunnybrook.

AL.

My spasticity has caused nlmy toes to turn under and my foot to turn in. Now they are frozen and called contractures. My arms are now contracted across my chest like a mummy and my head is frozej to my shouldeer on the lefyt side. Basicall, I feel like a pretzel.

Toto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back