mazzi

Country
IT
State
IT
City
CA
Hi all,
I posted some months ago about my situation which hasn't changed much.
The only new symptom which is quite annoying is daytime sleepiness, even after several hours of sleep.

Can somebody advise what this could be?

My GP has ordered some blood work, next week I'll be checked for thyroid and iron levels.

Thanks to all.

Has anyone ever told you that you snore when you are sleeping?

Hi trfogey, thanks for the reply.

No so far nobody.

Sleepiness could be anything. Literally....it could be because you are not sleeping enough at night...apnea at night...maybe you have chronic fatigue...maybe one of your vitamins or low...or you are not getting enough nutrients from your diet. Wait for the blood results and continue care under your gp.

Sleepiness, is not in itself a symptom of ALS.

kmendsley, thanks.
I think I am getting enough sleep, recently at leat 10 hour per night.
So I wonder what could it be.
The feeling I have it's like after a huge meal...

Well anyone feels tired after a large meal...your blood goes to your stomach to start the digestive process. This might also be a symptom of something like hyper or hypo glacemia..too little or too much blood sugar ...in your case if you are sleepyI would guess it might by hypo. Your body has a hard time with digesting the sugar when you put it all in one meal. ..try eating smaller more frequent meals for a week and see if it helps....nuts of any kind are a good blood sugar stabilizer.

Kmendsley, what I meant is that I feel like after having a huge meal...not that I am having huge meals...

mazzi, if you have the energy have you tried more exercise in day time, get blood flowing, and adrenalin up...worth a try?...hopefully give you more energy in daytime.

Mazzi, have you ever been assessed for depression? It's not uncommon in those who are sick or those who are caring for or around sick people. Just wondering because depression causes sleeplessness as well as sleepiness in different people.

Last edited:
notgivnup, if I work out too much I feel too tired.
st123, I will talk with my GP about this possibility.

Try some supplemental shakes..you might not be getting right nutrients...at least a week to see if you feel better.

sleeping too much can also make one sleepy.
ive found if i sleep more than 7 hours, i have less energy than if i had slept 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back