Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NV
City
Las Vegas
Hi,
I am 24 and suffer from severe anxiety and have always been worrying that there is something medicaly wrong with me. First it was my chest/lungs, tested and normal, then cancer, tested and normal, than kidneys and liver, tested and normal.

Now ALS is on my mind and I am trying to remove this from my worry bank.

2 days ago when I was sitting down at times my foot would fall somewhat asleep but wake up the second I move it or get up to do something else. I have nothing in my hands but just worry about my feet as that is where the numbness is. I dont have it when I walk or sit in class as school. And like i said it goes away when I move around and does not bother me when I am sleeping.

I did some tests with my feet and I have been able to to the lifting of the upper foot about 45 times per min and the lifting of the back part of the foot working the calf at about 50 times per min.

Nothing in my arms, face, shoulders or legs.

Is there anything i should be worried about.

Please respond as I worry a lot

I'm sorry you have health anxiety. That must be horrible.

I don't think you have to worry about ALS. Forget it.

AL.

Sounds like simple paraesthesia ( pins and needles). Try changing your position when your foot goes numb. It will stop within seconds.
I hope you are getting medical health for your anxiety. Like ms Pie said. It must be terrible.

Please don't worry yourself. What you have stated sounds nothing like ALS at all. Sounds like your anxiety is acting up a bit. ALS has nothing to do with numbness first of all...and second, it sounds like it is happening because you are sitting wrong. Move your foot or leg to a different position when you get the numbness and all should be fine. I hope as well that you are able to get continued help for your anxiety problems. Good luck.

No idea how you ended up here, but let me echo what others have. What you have doesn't sound anything like ALS. Please get some help for your health anxiety.

Thank you everyone, I actually just moved to Las Vegas from Maryland and am in the process of trying to find a therapist that I can see once a week. I have been making many calls a day but no one seems to be accepting new patients.

I am glad I have nothing to worry about.

Hey everyone,

I am back.

I now feel some muscles aching on my lower back after swimming the past two days. They dont feel weak but just hurt when I walk at a fast pace sometimes. I can still swim and do everything and the muscles dont fall asleep or feel numb they just hurt and it feels good when i try to stretch them or massage them.

Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

Not about ALS.

Can't say about other conditions. See your primary care physician if the feelings in your back bother you.

Benny, I hope you're not going to come back every few days with a new symptom that you've blown out of proportion in your mind. We don't mind helping but you've been told you don't have ALS. We're not dr's. but know this disease. You don't have it. Go away.

AL.

my back hurts when I swim. I think its because I only do it once every three years.

I get a sharp pain when my caregiver pulls my leg up behind my head.

My face doesn't hurt but my wife says it is killing her.

Benny - I don't know what is wrong with you other than your self professed anxiety. It is definitely not ALS.

Please read the stickies at the beginning of this section.

I'm closing this thread before you come up with any more symptoms.

Good luck finding a therapist.

Please try and enjoy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back