Learn about ALS
Country
SWE
State
Stockholm
City
Stockholm
Hi all

I have been following this forum for about half a year and there are so much knowledge here. I like to take my hat of to all you great people answering worried peoples questions. Thanks for being there.

There is something going on with me and and I dont know what it is. Im a 37 year and have been very fysically active all my life. Untill now. It started about 8 months ago with a strange felling in my leg. I shortly realised that I pretty much lost my ability to stand on one leg (my right). The weakness is in my hip rather than in my leg. I also have a fascilations, not much, but some. Furhermore my right glute is shrinking wich makes its somewhat painful to sit at my officedesk all day. I have done mri, eneg and emg and it has showed nothing. Im scheduled to another emg in a couple of months.

I feel the doctors are playing the waiting game with me...

Im pretty positive that if it were ALS, and you truly have an atrophied glute, then the EMG wouldve picked that up.
Do you have clinical weakness or is it perceived weakness?

Im pretty positive that if it were ALS, and you truly have an atrophied glute, then the EMG wouldve picked that up.
Do you have clinical weakness or is it perceived weakness?

The neurologist did not use the term "clinical weakness". She told me I had "some weakness" in my hip-region. The glute atrophy came months after my emg and wasnt includued in the emg-exam.

If your EMG and MRI was normal then your Dr is most likely waiting to see if there are any changes or progression in your weakness. Sometimes waiting is part of determining what, if anything, is wrong. In the meantime feel good about the clean EMG and allow your Dr to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back