Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IA
City
Clear Lake
Hello,

I found this post below.. I have the same exact problems.. and trying to figure out whats going on.. has anyone else had similar matters or diagnosed with something?

Any info would be great thanks!

:)
Hi everyone! First I want to thank you inadvance for taking the time to read this and for any responses.
This is what I've been experiencing for the past 2 months. I developed a sinus infection about 2 months ago. About a week before it started I noticed that my arms became fatigued very quickly while shopping and browsing through an upper rack of clothes. I was feeling a bit under the weather and assumed it was because I was coming down with something. Both arms started to bother me while washing my hair and brushing my teeth. My arms and shoulder muscles would get tired quickly and would burn, like when you overwork your muscles they start to get that burning feeling. This went on for a few more weeks, even after my sinus infection went away. The rapid fatigue then moved into both hands and sometimes my jaw and tongue would get tired while chewing. Now, when driving, my thumb muscles start to ache and get tired from holding on to the steering wheel. Stirring a pot of food on the stove makes my hand and arm get tired very quickly. I have to put my arm down to rest it before starting the activity again. So basically, very simple activities make my arm, shoulder and hand muscles feel fatigued and weak.

I have dexterity in my hands unless I do a repeated activity that makes them tired, like typing, or opening and closing my fingers many times. Then the fatigue sets in and I can no longer do the acitivity very well. I will have to rest them and then restart again with a little deficit in movement until they can be rested for quite some time. I can lift the children that I babysit for, but they feel heavier than before. I can bench press 40lbs for 3 reps of 20 before my arms and shoulders are completely exhausted.

Please see a doctor and ask her/him.

Thanks. I am new to the site and just trying to figure some things out.. I have been to numerous drs. they first thought MS, pinched nerves, lack of sleep, the entire rund down. I am 29 and they just rush me along and outta the office like I am a crazy person :( But I know somethings not right.. just a matter of figuring out what. Thanks for your time :)

With ALS, symptoms are constant and don't come and go or build up. Finger dexterity went first with me. When i say it went i mean never to return. Muscles getting tired is not weakness. Unfortunately we can't tell you what's wrong with you. Only a doctor can. When is your next appointment?

Amoore...I am not sure what your symptoms are, because you copied someone else's post. You need to see a Dr. and if you are not happy with your Dr. you need to go to one you have confidence in. Since you live in clear lake IA (I lived in Spirit Lake for a little over a hear) perhaps you should head to the mayo clinic in MN if your Dr's can not give you answere. The odds of you having ALS are very very slim so put that out of your mind now.

If something is wrong only a Dr will be able to tell you that.

Not to make light of your situation, bu I would love to bench press 5 lbs. And I second Ms Pie's statements: weakness doesn't come and go and we are not doctors here. Make an appointment and write your questions down. Don't look at the in ter net. Your mind is a terrible thing to waste. And please go out and enjoy the day, its a gift from God. Be thankful that you can. After your appointment let us know how things went. I love good news!

What did the person who you are quoting end up being diagnosed with? Since both of you are so much alike and all.

Tr, you stole my idea! :)

why would you copy someone elses post ? I can't imagine that everything going on with you is exactly like that other person. Seems kind of odd to me.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back