Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Dunmow
City
Essex
I am 17 nearly 18.
I have had wide spread twitching for about 2 and a half years maybe even 3. I also started to get tongue twitching. I have had tongue twitching now for about 6-7 months. No weakness yet although i do get percieved weakness where my arm feels weak. I've been to the doctors i have had blood tests and 2 weakness tests. Obviously ALS has never crossed their mind but MS has. They don't think anything is wrong how ever the past few weeks ive had twitching in my tongue alot more and alot more twitching everywhere else. Im not sure what to do because i keep seeing posts from other people saying tongue twitching isnt benign.

Nothing will increase twitching like raising your stress/anxiety level. Do yourself a favour, and stay off your computer until the doc's give you some answers from your tests, and even then take one day at a time.
Stay positive.

Good luck with the results.
Casey

Im not sure what to do because i keep seeing posts from other people saying tongue twitching isnt benign.

Stop reading posts about twitching, tongue or otherwise, from people who aren't your doctors and don't have a clue what they are talking about. That would be the people who say that tongue twitching cannot be benign. Listen to your doctors and do what they tell you to do.

When I was 17 nearly 18, i was more worried about getting laid than twitching, you need to reassess your priorities and get on your young life. Come on really.

Who are these "people" that say twitching is not benign...what's not benign is their non expert advice. Go back and re - read your post, I do have weakness just perceived weakness. You are answering your own questions, no weakness, no ALS. Then you go on to say in regards to your Dr's "that ALS has never crossed their minds (so why is it crossing yours?) but MS has." In your very next sentence you say they (I am inferring that you are referring to your Dr's again) "that they do not think anything is wrong however." So apparently not only do they think that you do not have ALS, but they do not think you have MS either.

So in summary your Dr's do not think anything is wrong with you. Let me ask you, why are you listening to these "other people" about tongue twitching but not your Dr's who say there is nothing wrong and are medical experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back