Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
B.C
City
Vancouver
Hello all,

I am new to the forums. I am a 21 year old Male looking to further educate myself about ALS to try and deal with my own anxiety and hopefully get the reassurance that I am a healthy individual with no serious neurological disorder.

Here's my story.

About a month ago, I had began oversleeping very consistently and I still have a hell of a time getting out of bed (not physically but mentally). I feel tired most days although this has slightly improved since this symptom had arose a month and a half ago. This started just before my exam period at University. A week after this (I have no idea if these are related) I began twitching in both calves and periodically in other places. This had been consistent though infrequent up until about a week ago. A week ago I began twitching in my left foot (the arch) at a VERY fast pace while I was studying at the library. It also seems to effect my right foot but not nearly as often. It seemed to come and go for the first few days as my anxiety subsided but ERUPTED again when I discovered this is an early symptom of ALS. It has been rampant for the last week up until yesterday. This muscle was experiencing mild cramps especially at night. It seems to come and go and it is at a very low intensity compared to what it was before. I don't know if this is percieved but the muscle it is mainly effected just feels wierd, like it has been overexerted. I had a bloodtest last week when this was starting to scared me and I got the results today. Everything checks out but bilirubin (I was drinking a fair bit over the holidays). Has anybody else experienced this before? I know I probably sound like an overdramatic hypochondriac but I just need a little reassurance. I can't stop thinking about this and I have a fair share of schoolwork to do!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.
T

Doesn't sound like ALS to me.

AL.

The type of twitching you describe isn't a symptom of ALS, despite what you think you understand from your five minutes of G--gling and whatever time you've spent reading the archives here over your winter holiday break.

And, yes, you do sound like an overdramatic hypochondriac. Read the sticky posts in this forum, especially the one called "Some advice to questioners, from an answerer. " Items 1-3 and 8 apply directly to you and your condition.

Good luck to you.

Uh, not ALS . . . not even close. Not only do you not have any serious neurological disorder, you don't have any type of neurological disorder. Congrats and good luck to you.

Sounds like anxiety reaction to the pressures of school. You appear to have an obvious trigger to the twitches. Worrying about ALS distracts you from what is really bothering you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back