Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ct
City
Hartford
So my emg is clean and so is the ncv!

So the neurologist said no als, no mnd.....

But there are issues with that damn right arm and my dexterity....the neuro told me i most definatly should see an ortho......

Also he said maybe a rheumotologist......there are other dexterity killers out there other than ra and i suppose those docs are good at sniffing them out.

So my emg expierience was overall pretty good the nvc wasnt that bad either took about an hour for both.... Neuro was friendly, listened and was jovial. He even said he doesnt blame me for being concerned. He had a similar bout when he was younger in private practice. So now....i feel alot better. So now i gotta sched those other appts.

Hopefully some other worriers followed my story....and get a little relief from it.

As ive said for a while i started with this crap 9 months ago.....neuro said if i noticed profound symptoms then id have shown alot more problems and more substantial weakness. So.....

Yay

Yay!
Good luck with the Ortho! Hope you find something that can be fixed quickly!

BIG YAY! Thats great news! Congrats.

Now is the time to mentally heal and teach myself to not consider mnd. Brain retraining! Im glad i can take a hundred steps forward to get past this. Now i can focus on other worriers and guiding them along a bit.

Even more focus.....my wife and fat baby!

Theres no cure for als, right now its winning the battle with humanity, eventually, if we pull together enough resources as a community, we can win the war. Until then i'll be hanging around here. I just wanna find the right place, im sure ill fit somewhere.

Special thanks tothose of you that have kept up with my threads and pms......you know who you are. You guys are a wealth of knowledge, and for even the ones who can no longer type, to take the time to send me a response or a pm to help me.....well you guys are my heros. People say firefighters and paramedics are (insert positive adjective here), the people that fight this disease are braver and ballsier than i could ever be.

Terrific news! Go celebrate!

Hooray! To GOD be the glory!

Good stuff. Now you can spend a little less time stressing, and more time living.
Nothing better than a plump baby!

These are scary journeys we all have, it's important to keep a positive attitude, and stay focused on living life as it happens.

Cheers,
Casey

That is fantastic news! Hopefully you can find some answers when you see the ortho.

From a fellow firefighter, good luck.

AL.

It's nice to hear good news. Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Thanks to the community for the support, planning on posting a thread about my uncles life story shortly. Just got alot of proofing, firemen cant type worth a shit hehe.....

I think some will enjoy it even with the sad ending.......its cool. He lived a rad existance......

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back