Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IRE
State
Clare
City
Ennis
Hi everyone iv been looking at this forum for some time now and i am so scared... im 20 years old in good health and have always been a little bit of a worry wort as all my friends all me... but here goes...

it all started when i turned 20 in november 2011... after my birthday i experienced nausea and headaches and fatigue.. for a couple of days went to doctor and had blood work done, stool samples and all came back fine.. doctor gave me gastro pills.. they helped a bit but sleeping helped more.. i went to doc twice after with headaches that persisted for 3 weeks... and she informed me of general tension headaches as they would cum and go and be in temple region and back of my head and tight feeling... i wanted a 2nd opinion so i went to my doc in college and she said same thing..doc also did a sensory test on my head and she said it was normal and they would go away but worrying wouldnt help.. after the 3 weeks i stared a fitness class and the headache magically went away but these pains in my arms and legs came not muscle pain but dul aches... and twitching in back of calfs.. after 3 weeks of these i went to doc again and she didnt seem to wan2 give me time of day and checked my reflexes and did a strenght test and all and wasnt worried asked did i want a mri to assure me that there was nothing wrong with me,... kept askin me wat i thought was wrong with me.. she asked did i think it was a brain tumor.. so iu think she thinks i was a hypocrondriact... so i said id leave it and wait... the pains are not bad atal anymore.. but the twitching is worse.. it comes and goes and is worse when i am tired.. i sometime notice vibrating feelin in the past week in my ankle... goosebumps feeling in legs but no goosebumps... feeling like the hairs are standin up and rubbing off my clothes.. slight pins and needles if i cud even call them that.. but ever so slight.. arm jerks but very slight... not many but ususlly all of this at rest.. when im busy i dont notice any of these signs...one week twitches went away but i had headaches... i was cumin up towards exams at the time...

also my muscles seem to feel like iv just been through a work out after i consume alcohol but they have always been like this since i can remember and i was carrying a reli heavy shopping bag the other day and i felt my muscles sore... but when i clench my muscles they are really strong and i dont feel like im weak..

i dont know what is wrong with me and im frekain myself out... iv always had a few odd twitches like every1 has but nothing like these..every1 is saying its in my head and to stop worrying...i feel like i cant talk to anyone like there all just looking at me like im stupid.. i duno am i over reacting? thanks to whoever listened...

I would say to go to a neurologists. It's hard to diagnose als. It takes time. You could have a number of things going on. If you were to type in your url , what acts like als" you will get a number of diseases that mimic the disease. The only way to be sure, is seek out a good neurologists.

Thank you for replying :) Do you think it sounds like Als.. Would these symptoms come and go and sometimes not be there atal... if its not the twitching... its pain.. or headaches.. im so worried and its always on my mind..

Thank you so much for replying.. do you think it could be als? it seems like if its not twitching its pain and when i think about it it comes but if i dont think about it its not there.. since the headaches seemed to be tension could this also be tension because it happened straight after the headaches..

Do we think you're over-reacting, you ask? Uh, YES! I can't for the life of me figure out how, when you searched your symptoms on the internet, you were directed to ALS. You story has absolutely nothing to do with ALS . . . nothing . . . nihil . . . nada . . . period, amen.

Just wait-it-out and you will be fine. If you keep worrying about it, it's going to take a whole lot longer to recover.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.. i will try not to worry myself. God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back