Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OH
City
Cleveland
Hi, I'm a 20 year old male and for the past 7 months I've been dealing with very weird, scary symptoms/sensations in my body. I'll list everything I can from the start to finish.

Back in May it started with twitching in fingers, persistent stabbing/shooting pain in throat muscles, and "warm" sensations on back of feet. I ignored it for a while and kept on with life but eventually the twitching became more frequent & widespread and I was having bad chest pains. I went to the ER one morning because of how bad my heart was racing and I was twitching constantly, they chalked it up to dehydration.

Then back in July I went to my dr who tested me for all sorts of things, HIV, thyroid, deficiencies etc. Everything came back normal so I was referred to a neurologist. I saw the neurologist and he tested my reflexes and made me walk, tested my strength, etc. He said everything seemed normal to him and since I had reported to him that the twitching and stuff seemed to be slowing down, he thought it was an autoimmune thing that I was getting over. I brushed it off and continued to live my life.

Fast-forward to now and the twitching hasn't gotten better, maybe worse. I twitch 24/7 all over, especially just above my right elbow and thighs, but literally all over. My face, stomach, feet, chest. It's like worms moving under my skin or something. I see these odd blue spots every now and then. My speech feels weird, like I'm slurring at times. I still get chest pains. My hands and toes hurt really bad at night sometimes. Like arthritis. My shoulders and neck have been hurting and upon examining it, my left (weaker) shoulder has a deeper indent than my right, like near or around the deltoid muscle. It's also been mostly hurting on my left so I find this very concerning. I never knew what ALS was before this and refused to google my symptoms too much because I didn't want to scare myself, but this has been going on for so long so I've been trying to get some of idea what it could be.

I'm in the processing of waiting to see my doctor and getting to another neurologist and try to get an EMG but in the meantime I'm left to deal with this pain and twitching.

If anyone would be so kind to shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Does any of it sounds like ALS to you?

Thanks so much

AB

Your symptoms point away from ALS.

Please read the stickies at the beginning of this section. The answers you seek will be found there.

I'm closing this thread.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back