Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
Logansport
I have read all of the stickies and have a question or two for all of you. I thank you in advance for listening. I seem to get worse about every month. I started with slurred speech, then dizziness, whole body tremors, twitches that are growing more each day, I have noticed that I have been walking on my toes because they have been hurting lately, fall over any pebble on the ground from dragging my feet, nausea, vomiting, have recently been hurting under the diapham. I also have noticed poor depth perception, I also purposfully high step so that I do not fall. I have desensitation on all of my right side. EMG neurologist seemed very concerned about something but I get the results in Feb. Am I crazy are these symptoms of ALS? Sorry for the sloppy posting, it is getting harder to type and typos. thanks : )

I am not joking. The neurologist has performed all of the office tests and has seen some muscle weakness. I thank you for your response but help or some kind of discussion would be better. If not ALS, do you know of anything else it could be. I used to be athletic and have become this. This is very abnormal to me. I know that a lot of you have been through hell and I am so sorry for your pain. I cannot possible understand what you have been through.:-(

There is no discussion to be had with you until your neuro tells you what's wrong with you. Mainly because your symptoms, as you've described them, point all over the place.

My only advice to you at this point is to be careful around billy goats. Especially if they answer to the name Gruff.

Assuming that this is real, why would you have to wait until Feb. to get the EMG results from a test, which at the latest, is in December? Call the neuro's office and make some noise! Good luck.

Your symptoms are vast and so broad that it makes it impossible for us to point you in any particular direction. I caution you to be careful that you do not start "over thinking" every little odd feeling and ache or pain in your body. Some people have a tendency when being diagnosed with a serious illness to attribute everything and anything to their "illness". I would recommend that you sit down and make a list of true bothersome and reoccurring symptoms. This would be helpful for you and your Dr.

Good luck!

Am I missing something, I always try to be compassionate to people, but is this for real. Or is there a pocket of people out there that enjoy pretending they are sick and may possibly have ALS? I am really confused by this. Nothing in your post makes sense to me. Why would you have to wait until Feb for the results of an EMG, I got mine the day they did it all three times. Perhaps instead of seeing a neurologist you need to get a consult to a psychiatrist, I am not saying this to be mean or funny, I think maybe something is going wrong in your thought process. best to you

hi ridey,sorry but i am confused..............you say your toes are hurting from walking on them and you have a high step yet you also say you have balance problems and dragging your feet,maybe your not explaining yourself well but that sounds a bit contradictory.
if someone has muscle weakness they can not walk on there toes and the same goes for balance problems.........i can't do it.
also if someone drags a foot then thats a sign of foot drop /muscle weakness.
could you call your neuro for an earlier appointment?
either there not very efficient or what they have found on your emg is not too serious.
i would call them if i were you.

If I were you find a new neuro. I ad an emg the same week I went in for the consult

Or is there a pocket of people out there that enjoy pretending they are sick and may possibly have ALS?

Yes, there are such people. And this is one of their favorite times of the year to be active.

I think you should find a new neuro first of all. It should not take that long to get a result from an EMG. Second you should stop walking on your toes since they hurt so bad. If you have foot drop problems and weak I don't see how you can high step or walk on your toes. I know I can't even pick my legs up to barely climb the lowest steps. My toes don't work at all on my left foot. Even if I could manage to actually get a high step I would fall over since my balance is way off. I can be standing in a still position and stumble backwards. I think some of your symptoms don not have anything to do with ALS especially the nausea and vomiting. I've never experienced those or hurting from the diaphram. I think you should wait to see what your results are and then worry about having ALS. You better hope and pray to God that it's not ALS.

AND... If you are just goofing around on here.. that is NOT funny at all and you should be ashamed. Hope you are sincere in your questions. These people on here are going thru Hell including myself. This disease is the most awful thing that has happened to me and it does hurt to hear that people come on here and actually pretend to have it just to get a laugh.

Sometime I think we are an episode on "House"!

Oh Helen, that is so funny...........we ate just like HOUSE. Of course House always gets it wrong, just about kills the patient with all the tests, then at the last minute gets it right......he's one bad doctor, not sure why they made a program about such a crappy character.

LOL House! I haven't watched that show in forever! I seem to remember one episode where the patient makes herself sick on purpose! Hmmm...

Hey, no knocking my favorite show!

Poster...your symptoms are too varied and don't make a lot of sense. I couldn't walk on my toes at all. Part of what foot drop does is makes your toes flop...so you have nothing to worry about.

The only way it would take months for EMG results is if it was done by a tech and your appt isn't for two months. First mistake is letting a tech near you. No one but a highly trained neuro will get near me for EMG/NCV.

Als doesn't cause nausea and the other assorted stuff you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back