Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Hi guys. I've been worried about ALS for, oh, about 8 months now. It started with the twitching. Got over that. Months later I found out about BFS and made me feel better, and now I am worried I have wasting.

See, I'm 19 years old so this disease is especially scary to me. I work out frequently andeverything seems ago apart fromthat 'tired' feeling you get after you do a certain amount of reps/sets, etc. I can still do pushups and lift . I did it a couple days ago. 25 pushups, 90 reps of pectoral workouts and 60 flys so I don't think I'm weak.

However, months ago I noticed that (or what it seemed to me) my right pectoral was smaller than the left. Obviously I panicked. I would guess that was because I hadn't worked out for months though, but I wondered why my left didn't look like that either. So here I am today, and the reason I am posting this. This morning I got a very noticeable twitch on my right chest side. Lasted for a minute or two and as of writing this it's still doing it. But the twitches come and go, and this is the first time it's twitched on this side ever.

Is it because I'm really sore? I've gotten fascics after working out before but what worries me the most is my perception that my right side is wasted and now it's fasciculating. I heard that ALS fascics start only after weakness and atrophy and I'm scared I have atrophy. Please help guys, I'm a wreck.

jobesky,YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS............PERIOD!
given your age it sounds like hormonal..............seriously,it causes one or both of your man boobs to swell and be sore.
maybe giving the wieghts a rest for a while will help,however go see your gp to take a look.
he maybe able to diagnosis it there and then or send you for a scan which shows up the hormonal tissue.

oh boy,its never dull on this part of the forum.

Man boobs? I think we're thinking of different things but my chest is muscle. It's just my right one seems to have less muscle than the left, which was not like that months ago. Tell me why I don't have ALS?

Because you don't. Go see a Dr. We're not going to speculate on a diagnosis other than to say ALS don't work that way.

AL.

Why haven't you seen a Dr to ask HIM to tell you why you do not have ALS? I do not have ALS that I know of but I saw my Dr as soon as I became concerned.

ok,pectoral area then if it makes you feel more like a man..........behind this area is hormone tissue and in young boys/men from puberty upto early twenties this area in one or both "pectorals" can swell up and look bigger than the other.
i am not a betting person but would be willing to bet this is whats causing your problem.
your age,what you describe and where screams that its not als...........anyone on here will tell you so get off the forum and see your gp.

ps,i should just say that i know this as my son had a similar condition early this year and he had to have a scan at the breast screening clinic.
it was just one pectoral and as well as hormonal tissue he had some benign growth..........nothing to worry about and it sorts itself out usually but they can operate if it does not get better after 6mths.

Last edited:
Because you don't. Go see a Dr. We're not going to speculate on a diagnosis other than to say ALS don't work that way.

AL.

How does it work then? Weakness in a limb first and not the chest muscle?

What is the difference between clinical weakness and perceived weakness?

You've got a better chance of having breast cancer (yes lots of men get it) than ALS. Have you googled that?

AL.

You've got a better chance of having breast cancer (yes lots of men get it) than ALS. Have you googled that?

AL.

No, because that doesn't scare me anywhere near as much as ALS. I was just scared as hell at the fact that I thought my right pec was smaller than the left, which I believe it is, and now all of a sudden I get twitches there that last for a decent amount of time.

look at the stickies at the top of this forum...........you do not have als so please dont keep asking question or you will seriously pee someone off.

If you are doing 9o pushups and all types of other workouts you do not have ALS. You are panicking for no reason. If you are seriously concered please go see a Dr.

I did read the stickies. I know that fasciculations occur AFTER muscle weakness/atrophy. That's why I made this thread. My right pec feels smaller than the other one. Isn't that atrophy?

Man boobs? I think we're thinking of different things but my chest is muscle. It's just my right one seems to have less muscle than the left, which was not like that months ago. Tell me why I don't have ALS?

How about you doing a little more research and telling us why you do have ALS, because the case that you've made so far is as lame as a three-legged cow.

Your manboobs may be muscle, but the hardest thing on your body is the granite between your ears. That's why we can't tell you that you don't have ALS -- there's nobody home to listen.

I see the Christmas troll season is starting early this year.

Lame? Is this how you treat every new person?

Anyway, no, I'm not trolling. I have OCD and anxiety. Cut me some slack, buddy. I took 2 Xanax pills not long ago to stop my panicking.

I have lurked here for awhile and seen your posts. You're very helpful. But calling me a troll is laughable. I'm just a worried teen.

Why do I think I have ALS? Well, I don't know if I think that, because deep down I think I don't. OCD and anxiety are very vicious disorders, you see.

Like I said, I worked out a couple days ago and I'm very sore. Today the right side of my chest - which I thought was smaller than the left, which wasn't like that months ago and therefore I thought was atrophy - started a VERY noticeable, fast twitching for a couple minutes straight. It stopped, then started again after awhile, and then started again.

Seriously, chill. I understand your frustration about getting these kinds of threads daily, but honestly, it would be nice to be less condescending.

oh,so you have ocd and anxiety....................people here are paralysed,need assistance to type ..............so yes we do get peed off when people like you come on when you have not been to see a doctor,just google twitching and then come here to harass us.
so dont tell us to chill...........your the one with ocd and anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back