Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Round Rock
I wanted to say thank you all for explaining in your posts what "muscle weakness" is, and the difference between "perceived/subjective" weakness and "clinical weakness". I admit that if someone where to describe what I am feeling now, I'd say that I "feel weak" on my left side because of a number of factors, but this forum has enabled me to realized the difference. I believe what I am feeling is indeed subjective weakness. Of course, I am still concerned about what it is that ails me, and tomorrow I will have an EMG done, but I just wanted to let you know that even in the hysteria, there are those who actually read/listen what you post and become more educated.

I think many of us prepare ourselves for the worst for some reason. I know for me, as I get older, I find myself worrying more so than when I was younger. Also, we are often at a loss when things suddenly don't seem right and there is no apparent explanation. You go through battery of tests and still no real resolution. I've decided to heed the advice of this forum, and the people in my life, and not focus on my medical issue and fears. Of course, now that the EMG is tomorrow, it brings it all back. But I'm trying.

Thanks again and happy holidays,
--Ria

Good luck tomorrow!

Good luck and let us know how the EMG comes out.

Sending good thoughts your way. Good luck with your EMG! Let us know what they say. :)

Ditto what the others said :) . Hope it all goes fibe and the test bears good news.

Praying for you. Not ALS. Keep positive. Hugs

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck and Merry Christmas. Screw that happy holidays politically correct crap.

AL.

I'm having an EMG tomorrow as well, we'll meet up at the Pub afterwords to share our good news!

Cheers!

Good luck and prayers your way CGAR! :)

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. My neuro was going to do a thorough examination of the results, but told me that he noted no nerve abnormalities. I am very pleased with that news, and CGAR, I hope you received good news as well. I do not know what it is that is causing this issue, but we are going in a different direction now. The MRI did not particularly show MS/strokes either so....I don't know from here...but I am happy about the EMG. I do trust this dr. and I am going to follow whatever direction he thinks we should go from here. He is very thorough and is determined to find out what is the matter.

I don't want to sound trite or cliche when I say that I wish I could actually know some of you. I guess, with my question of "Do I have ALS" answered, I don't really know what purpose I'd serve on this forum. But I wanted to let you know that you are a vast wealth of information for people like me, who have inexplicable symptoms and do not truly understand what they are reading. Like I mentioned, the definition of "weakness" is very specific, and prior to reading posts on this forum, I didn't know. You help people to understand what their dr is saying to them or ask specific questions. I really marvel at the close knit sense of community here and it is very powerful. I honestly send love and prayers your way as well and I can't say it enough...thanks for everything.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS from Texas :)

Thanks for letting us know your good news Ria. Let us know what it is, when you find out. It may help others.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back