Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
us
City
NY
Hi, Please could you help me with advice. I am 21 years and I'm afraid. My symptoms began before 1 year and 2 months. He started fasciculation in the body, legs, feet, hands, face, tongue .. twitched my middle finger and stopped, and after 3 months again, but jerks so that the finger is moved, as if something pulled. This often happens if you do something with firm pressure and then begins to twitch. Left side of the body especially the legs sometimes feel the inside as a vibration or a tingling sensation, I do not know to explain it. More me and twitching the left leg and arm. twitch once the tongue, pass 2 months and again. in my left foot as if they were used to tingling, and even my little toe 2 months ago twitched a little. I was on 2 neurologic examination, and all nerves were normal. about 1 year ago began to hurt me back, took a deep breath when I feel the sharp pain, like something is stopping there. I was at physiatrist and he told me the lady with the left one muscle tone, increased slightly, I am afraid that this is a symptom of als. Please note that this year I sat hunched at my computer, it may be from improper holding the muscle thickened slightly. really hurts when I do the left arm below the shoulder and down. when I've started to move the hand, and shoulder then twitch in the buttocks and left leg, everything is on the left. Is it possible to get me some nerve on the left braked or something and then just hitting the left side? do you think I have als?

No, your symptoms don't sound anything like ALS. Widespread twitching is not typical in ALS and, in the cases where is does happen, there is widespread clinical weakness and muscular disability as well.

Relax. What you are likely to have is something called benign fasciculation syndrome. There is an online support community at a b o u t B F S dot c o m that you may find helpful.

Good luck.

What you are describing does not sound even remotely like ALS.

Why are you scared about having ALS? You don't have any of the important symptoms of ALS, and the symptoms that you think are ALS symptoms can be caused by many other conditions.

but I have already twitching for 1 year and 2 months. I'm afraid. once my finger jumps to one side, is it a symptom of alsa? Can fasciculation move finger to one side, ? that is happen for about 10 second flashing finger. I'm afraid. my fasciculation is couple of seconds and that's it. But every day, the whole body. what do you think can hurt me back and be increased tonus of the back muscles due to ALS? is relatet my back and fasciculation? is possible that i have fasciculation 1 years and 2 month and i have als?

but I have already twitching for 1 year and 2 months. I'm afraid. once my finger jumps to one side, is it a symptom of alsa? Can fasciculation move finger to one side, ? that is happen for about 10 second flashing finger. I'm afraid. my fasciculation is couple of seconds and that's it. But every day, the whole body. what do you think can hurt me back and be increased tonus of the back muscles due to ALS? is relatet my back and fasciculation? is possible that i have fasciculation 1 years and 2 month and i have als?

If you have been twitching for fourteen months and you don't have at least one crippled limb (disabled to the point of unusability by paralysis), then you don't have ALS. Don't know what you do have, but I expect it's BFS.

The best thing for you to is to get off the Internet and start seeing real doctors to find out what you've got. Some conditions are treatable if you catch them early enough.

Good luck.

Absent of other symptoms twitching is not a sign of ALS. You have nothing to be worried about.

but i have fasciculation. i have a little biger muscle in my back, is symptom of als is hyper tonus of muscle? is sound you like hypertonus in may back. pain me when i deep breath one year

Please shut up and listen. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS THAT FIT ALS.
A twitch that causes a finger to move, is called myokymia. It will be caused by an irritated nerve in your neck.

but i have fasciculation. i have a little biger muscle in my back, is symptom of als is hyper tonus of muscle? is sound you like hypertonus in may back. pain me when i deep breath one year

Fasciculations without weakness are just twitches. And, in your case, that argument was settled a year ago, when your two normal neurological exams made it plain that you did not have ALS then. Most likely, whatever caused your symptoms then causes your fasciculations now -- and it's still not ALS.

As to the muscle in your back that you are so concerned about, most likely that problem is easily fixed if you'll get your whiny behind off the Internet and go to a real doctor and get the diagnosis and treatment you need. If you are so scared of what you might have, why are you wasting our time with your foolishness. We can't help -- only a real doctor can.

you think my pain in neck is not because als? you think i not have als? thank you for your answer, Goad bless you

I know what a pain in the neck is and it's not ALS.

AL

my english is bad a little, pain is in back, bihind shoulders

It sounds as though you want ALS. You have gotten very solid advice. You asked up our opinion and we provided it. It seems as though you are trying to convince us it is ALS. If you would be happier if we believed you, then OK, we believe you, it must be ALS. However we are not Dr's and based on what you have told us there is no Dr that is going to tell you that you have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back