Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
western australia
City
perth
Hello everyone i have been reading all Your words for the past few weeks & You seem to be very wise on the subject, more wiser than my doc, so i hope You dont mind me coming on here to ask a few questions about this horrible disease, first here are my symptons, 12 weeks ago i stared having a sore right wrist, 2 weeks following that my right forarm seemed to feel tight & my hand restricted in movment ( tight ) 2 weeks following that both my calve muscles started twitching like mad, 1 week following that my right foot at my toes felt tight & both my big toes were twitching left & right, now my toes have stopped twitching but my right thumb started to twitch, also i was having very bad pain in my wrist & my ankel, they felt like they were sprained very badly, that pain has now passed, then the back of my neck stared to feel tight, & for the past 3 weeks that has been off & on, now three days later the front of my neck feeels tight also, now juring this time my body has felt like a little electric curent through it, & the twitching is showing up mildly in other body parts, & i have been having some very sweaty nights while i have slept, very hot then cold, i have never had anything like it in my life, now lastly i will tell you that i have seen a neuro after just for weeks in to this whole twitching calve thing as i was worried, he done a clincal test on me & said i did not have any weakness & my reflexs were normal, & i did not have MND, but now as time goes on iam still having symtoms & i am worried it might of been to early to tell that i had any signs on a MND, i hope what i have told You here You might be able to make some sence of & give me some guidence on all of this,
thankyou everyone....

Why do you not just listen to your doctor, who is a lot more qualified to give you guidance? He said you do NOT have weakness, your reflexes are NORMAL, and you do NOT have MND. What do you want us to tell you? And, did you read the stickies? Why on earth would you think we know more than the doctor? And, if you have really been reading the posts here, surely you have seen

NO WEAKNESS=NO ALS.

Also, sensory issues are NOT ALS related. Also, ALS symptoms do not come and go.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...you-new-forum-worried-you-might-have-als.html this will answer your questions so you do not need to keep posting questions.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/17071-some-advice-questioners-answerer.html

Last edited:
Those are thankfully NOT symptoms of PLS or any other MND .

I see you listed yourself as being in the process of getting "diagnosed with ALS"... it seems to me that's where your mindset is, but you have to believe your docs. Don't think that you're getting this, listen to what has already been told to you and look for your answers somewhere else. I know it's hard to not have a diagnosis, but do you really want THIS ONE? I think not.

Good luck, and check out other causes, and live your life.

For Gods sake man, learn how to make a sentence. Reading a jumble like that is enough to make someone want to say bugger off. It's very hard to read. And no you don't have ALS.

AL.

The only sense that I can make out of that confused and jumbled mess that you posted is that you need to stop searching for medical stuff on the Internet.

Your doctor says you're normal. What symptoms you do have aren't ALS. Quit being a knucklehead and get on with your life.

Al, your posts make me chuckle. I was thinking the same thing.

Shimmer you said that we are sie about ALS much wiser then your Dr. While I agree there are wise people on here that is not comparable to your Dr's ability to tell you that you do not have ALS?

I will give you some free advice, before I ever went on any forum and on my very first post declared that I wanted to trust strangers that I have not gotten to know over a Dr's proffesional opinion, I would have to consider how wise a decision that was.

Good luck to you, please believe you do not have ALS.

sorry for that load of jumble, still have twitching calves & now alot in my thighs, & forarm, plus have a lot of pain in my forarms, & both forarms look like they have some small amount of muscle loss 4 inches below my wrists, am i just being an absolute nut thinking i have the onset of a mnd, this will be will the last post....

Do you pkromise? (I'm not tryingk to be rude!) Just would like to know thakt if someone teklls you again NO MND that kyou wont show up on ankother post.

Kimberly

If your looking for a second opinion here you aren't going to get it .What you should do is see your family physican and have a complete work up and take it from there .

You may have b12 Deficiency lymes heavy metals .You have something going on but it don't sound like als.But l can't say its nothing l am not a doctor .

Pat

Thanks for Your reply, sorry for hasseling Yous all,

thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back