Not open for further replies.

zeyna311

Country
az
State
baku
City
baku
I have this weak feeling in my arms and legs. It is feeling that, i feel like my lims not belong to me, or they are abaut to dead (it is like numb but i can feel everythink touch my skin).i feel like this all the time, i pray everynight that my weakness gone, but i wake up the same.Doctors have no clue.
can you pleace explain to me how als weakness feel like early in disease, did you feel something wrong with your lims or is it just start like, you cant do somethink. Pleace can you explain that better for us.how als weakness start.how it feels.
thank you so much... i am still searching for answers , i went to endocronolgy doctor, she run some blood test waiting for answer... thank you again

Let me ask you a question. You say you wantnyour weakness to go away. How do you know you are weaker? I am not referring to the numbness and or dead feeling you have described, Is mean have you, your Dr, or anyone else witnessed actual weakness? Not perceived weakness, are things becoming heavier, is there anything that you can't do that you used to do?

Definitely follow up with your Dr and see what they find with the blood tests. If you still think you are weaker have that verified by a Dr.

In my unprofessional opinion you have not provided us with enough info to give you additional answers. I am hesitant to give you details about ALS symtoms because I am afraid you will gravitate to them.

Good luck and see a Dr, it may just be that you suffer from anxiety but only a Dr can properly answer your questions.

Weakness is not being to open a bottle of water. Not being able to lift a coffee mug. Not being able to lift your leg up a step. The weakness never gets better.

Weakness is not a feeling.
This week I started dropping things, not once in a day, but 10 times. I felt fine. I got my hand checked and I had weakness in my little finger.......so it was the ability to NOT do something.
I know what you mean by limbs that feel tired and heavy, that points to lack of stamina rather than weakness.
Weakness will show up in a clinical examination, but stamina issues do not, unless you have a doctor willing to do something like , hang the washing out with you! Of course they can't do that.

Hope this helps

It's been a while since I last said this, but it seems appropriate for a response to this thread.

With ALS, it's not how your body feels, but how your body fails. ALS is a progressive degenerative neuromuscular disease, which means that, over time (and a short time at that), more and more nerves and the muscles that they control will fail -- permanently. It starts in one part of the body -- a hand, a foot, your mouth or tongue -- and spreads through the body from there.

If no muscles are failing, it's not ALS. If the muscle failures aren't spreading -- from the fingers up the arm, from the foot up the leg, or from the tongue to the rest of the mouth and throat -- it's not likely to be ALS. If your problems come and go, it's not ALS.

You've come across some of the widespread misinformation about ALS that can be found on the Internet and that has brought you here. If you are still concerned about the problems you have outlined here or if the problems you outline here become worse, you should bring them to the attention of your primary care physician, rather than attempting to self-diagnose using the Internet. Your primary care physician has the training to direct you to the care you need, far more effectively and efficiently than any Internet research that you can do for yourself.

Good luck to you.

hi again, i am sorry that i am asking questions again and again, that make you guys mad. I know that you guys are not doctor.But because my symptoms are like als , i think that you guys can help me. My doctors seems have no clue.but i am still trying to find answer with my doctor.
reason that i am asking abaut what is weakness. because i dont know , if i am weak or not. i have this heavy limbs, they are feel like dead, it is hard to stand long time, i have a balance issues. Are they point to weakness, i dont know.
when you guys talking abaut weakness, like some one , not being to open a bottle of water. Not being able to lift a coffee mug. Not being able to lift your leg up a step... it is seems like almost full paralysis , i am asking abaut early in disease, how you find you are weak...
i am sorry that i am realy freak and confused abaut my condition, i am not going read abaut other internet sides abaut als. because trfogey told me in other thread, a lot of misinformation.
i am waiting for my blood result , thank you for response each of you.

No it does not feel like full on paralysis when you first notice weakness. When I told you about me dropping stuff. My hand feels completely normal. It's just a small part of my hand that's not functioning properly, that causes my grip To loosen. It's not a feeling I have. It's also not due to MND ( just found out). It's caused by a disc in my neck. So you can't put all your symptoms in one basket and necessarily come up with 1 thing.

Stop stressing about wether or not you have any weakness. If you did, the doctor can tell you in 10 minutes or less.

Sit down and have someone put their hand on your knee, then try and lift your leg off the ground. If you can't or you notice a DRASTIC difference from one side to the other where lets say on the left say you can barely lift it all the ground and the right side you can lift it as high as you want with no problem then that is an early symptom of weakness. Of course that does not mean it is ALS it could be many things!

Maybe you should see your blood test results first before you start with all the questions. It may be a normal result ...but if you put doubt after doubt in your head beforehand you won't even want to believe a good test result.

Best Wishes, !0Starr

Zena,

I'm sorry, but you posted this just a few days ago in other threads, along with the fact that you have had two clear EMGs. With clean EMG you do not have ALS. Your symptoms are not ALS like either. It doesn't strike arms and kegs at exactly the same time.

And before you ask...no, the EMG can't be done too early.

You could be dealing with a simple post-viral thing. Even perhaps fibromyalgia...or the exhaustion that comes with having a toddler.

Starting multiple posts makes it much more difficult for us to help you...and I can do things much easier here than some that have to use their eyes and even their feet to type.

If your neuro found no weakness, then there is no clinical weakness, which is a good thing.

i am 30 years old mother of 16 monts old bay. My symtoms start week after my baby born, 16 month ago. My both arm and legs start to feel so weak that i had to quit my job. I also have twithes in my whole body. Interestingly i can still pick up my 20 ibs baby. I also have that strange feeling in my arms and legs all the time, that they feel like they are not belong me, or they are just hanging in there. (they are not numb i can fee everythink). My neuro said he dont know what is wrong with me since all test are came back clean including 2 emgs.
pleace i need some info.do you think i may have als.i have really difficult times not knowing what is wrong .it is even effecting my marriage.i really need help.plecace i need some help,, GOD BLESS YOU ALL... THANK YOU...

Weakness and stamina are two different things. The heavy feeling is very familiar to me, I experience it 24/7. But mine is accompanied by an inability to do things I could do a month ago. My first weakness was not being able to push the buttons to unlock my car. That was rather quickly followed by major atrophy and now, an almost useless left arm, with the right following quickly.

My daughter, about the same age as you, has very similar symptoms. Blood tests showed she was severely anemic and that her B12 level was almost non-existent she also has fibromyalgia, as do I. It often starts after some sort of trauma...in your case, perhaps the birth of your child.

Ask yor questions, but please keep them in this thread so we can keep track a little easier. That heavy feeling can. Ertainly be something wrong....but it is definitely not ALS. Please read the sticky posts, too.

Good luck to you. Forget ALS and enjoy the holiday season. You need routine labs drawn and b12 and perhaps even Uto-immune testing.

Again, good luck and I'm sorry if I sound mean....but I do tend to be rather blunt lately. Oh, by the way...I do think something is wrong if you're too weak to work, so I'm not suggesting you stop looking for answers. Thyroid should probably be checked, too.

Last edited:
Notme, you pretty much said in much more detail something I am going to say... check for iron deficiency, check your thyroid, check your other vitamin levels as B12 and D... the iron deficiency (anemia) can definitely cause a "heaviness" achy feeling in your arms and legs.

As far as weakness goes, it starts with constant tripping over tiny uneven floors, rugs, grass blades... perhaps falling if you turn quickly as your ankle gives out and you don't expect it to... it starts with constantly not being able to pick up something, or dropping it 10 times before you realize you're dropping it way too much to be normal. It continues with the feeling that you can't turn the key in the lock because the hand won't move. It's not tired... it just won't work right. It's not a feeling, its an action.

Good luck and enjoy that little baby!

HI EVERYBODY ,
I just want to update abaut my condition and want some idea from you guys. I went to my GP and my endo doctor; all my blood results came bag fine.They said they dont have no idea, why i am so weak. they say they cant do anythink else because they run all the test.
it has been really diffucult doing everyday tasks. AFTER mri, 2 clean emg, alot of bood test nothing give me answer. my muscles feels realy weak and i am so fatigued.i wish i know the answer.
pleace forgive me but i am still scared that i have als. just because they cant diagnoised me.
last weekeend my husband and i went to the christmass shopping, but we went home early because i couldnt walk anymore. every step become more difficult. i am trying to do my hair, it is so difficult my arms starts to hurt.
i love my little girl, i wish i can see her wedding.I am feeling so awfull that sometimes i think it is not gonna happen, that doctors missing somethink.
I AM CRYING as i am writing this. i want to feel ok again. i used to work 14 hours a day now i can barely function.i wonder what are the odds having als despite of 2 clean emg.
i just wrote here my feelings , THANK YOU FOR LISTENING ....

Since the tests your Dr's performed came back clean, what did they recommend as your next steps? Have they advised you that can see the weakness in your exam? If you are having trouble walking, doing your hair and other daily living activities and your Dr's have no answers my advice is be your own advocate and find new Dr's., perhaps a Neurologist.

I'm sorry you have whatever you have. It is not ALS. I hope your doctors find out what it is soon. It is Not ALS. Good luck to you.

Have your vitamin levels been checked? (Bs, D etc) Certian meds and vitamins (excess or not enough) can lead to peripheral neuropathies. I was simply crossing my legs too much which led to peroneal neuropathy in both legs. Weakness, twitching etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back