Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
RU
State
Belgrade
City
Belgrade
Hi there.I'm 22 years old.Some days ago I walked a long distance,frankly it was a whole city.Then i danced in heavy boots during a party.My legs were in these extreme condition(walking,running,dancing) for almost 4 days with a little rest(sleep was bad and short)Afterwards before sleep some cramps appeared.And the fasics that spread all over the legs.I know that it is a little bit questionable to suspect such things like MND,but I don t really want to underestimate the possibility of it.Is it a normal condition in such a case,or should i go for EMG?

Your fasciculations and cramps weren't caused by MND ten months ago and it's very unlikely that they are caused by MND now. And it is a whole lot questionable for you to worry about MND every time you twitch. You are worrying about nothing. It is absolutely normal for muscles to twitch and cramp when they have been strenuously used. So, forget that you ever heard of MND and get on with your life.

You don't ned an EMG. What you probably have is exercise induced cramps and fasics. Everybody gets them.

AL.

But strange thing-my fingers always twitch and bend and I dont know what can it be exatly.And the most worrying for me is the fact that fasics spread only on legs and feet in certain spots for example Achilles tendon.Is it normal?

Yes, especially if you are very physically active. Fasciculations should not cause your fingers to bend, its called myokymia and is normal for some people as well. I have myokymia that migrates in my hands . Stops and moves on. its benign, dont worry.

I apologize in advance for being rude, however I can not resist given your profile picture. "WTF man"? Fasics and miscle twitching is normal and means nothing. Everyone has muscle twitching. Let me ask you this? Is there anything you can't do that you used to do? If you do not have clinical weakness you have nothing to worry about.

Next time perhaps you should not dance in heavy boots. I will reiterate what the others have told you nothing you have written about would suggest you have ALS.

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back