new mom has als symptoms peace help me. god bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeyna311

Country
az
State
baku
City
baku
i am 30 years old mother of 16 monts old bay. My symtoms start week after my baby born, 16 month ago. My both arm and legs start to feel so weak that i had to quit my job. I also have twithes in my whole body. Interestingly i can still pick up my 20 ibs baby. I also have that strange feeling in my arms and legs all the time, that they feel like they are not belong me, or they are just hanging in there. (they are not numb i can fee everythink). My neuro said he dont know what is wrong with me since all test are came back clean including 2 emgs.
pleace i need some info.do you think i may have als.i have really difficult times not knowing what is wrong .it is even effecting my marriage.i really need help.plecace i need some help,, GOD BLESS YOU ALL... THANK YOU...

With 2 clean EMG's and a good opinion from a neurologist, you do not have ALS.
Have you sought treatment for post natal depression? It may be worth getting some help or advice on whether or not you havePND.
The fact that the stamina issues occurred after the birth of your baby, and the absence of something clinical to back up your symptoms, strongly points to a psychological cause. It's worth pursuing, if you have not already done so.

Aly

first OF thank you for your response. I wish that my symptoms caused by psychological issue, but it is not. I had an infertilitiy issue before my pregnancy so, when i found i was pregnant i was so happy. When my baby born i was so happy. But it isnt last long, a week letter birth, my symptoms start. I went to neuro. He test everythink including 2 EMGs , everythink come back normal. Thats why i think this may be als. I cant think what it could be else. my legs feels so heavy that , i feel like they are not going to hold me up. i feel like this even when i am sitting , can you feel weakness even you not trying to do anythink
i have a twitches in my whole body but it is not bother me at all. what i am
concern is, this weak feeling. If i have only twitches , i promise i would not be here asking for help.This affect my life so bad that i quit my job. But after 16 month symptoms i can still walk and carry my baby.I REALLY NEED HELP. do you guys think i may have als, pleace some info , some help.
i see some people here have great info abaut this disease and help others.i realy need your help and info.i am sorry that my english not my native language.THANK YOU AGAIN. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Im like you in that I have had weak legs and twitches started a couple of weeks ago. I am also scared that I have ALS, However, I have been diagnosed with severe bi lateral CTS and ulnar nerve issues and bi lateral pinched nerves at L5-S1. Im going with this being the cause of my weak legs, hands and twitches. You may want to get a lumbar MRI to rule out pinched/compressed nerves.

"I went to neuro. He test everythink including 2 EMGs , everythink come back normal. Thats why i think this may be als."

Ok, so because the tests that would normally show some changes indicating ALS came back NORMAL, you THINK you have ALS? That is completely irrational and contradictory.
I do not think you will find an answer here.

Dani

zeyna311 and Hopeful1963 i feel you 100%.....
With 2 clean EMGS,all clinical tests clean,clear brain MRI too i can't put ALS out of my mind.
Ok,i accept that my legs's weakness and fasciculations is from my problem at L5-S1 pinched nerves (same problem with Hopefull1963).But can this problem affects hands or tongue?Μy main problem is that my left part of my body can't work normal.
Τime will tell us the truth!I hope soon...
Untill then i suggest patient and prayer!

zeyna311 and Hopeful1963 greetings from sunny and indebted Greece!:)

Passenger: Great to hear from Greece. If you have bulge/pinched nerves at L5-S1, or L4 like me, those thigns can cause lots of nerve issues within you legs. Good luck to you

Rejoice you do not have ALS ! clean emgs so it cant be ALS. Have you checked your blood? anemia can make you feel like your limbs are heavy.See a primary care doc and follow thier advise!

I was just about to post the same thing... low iron can definitely cause your limbs to ache and "feel heavy". A couple of other supplements to check on would be vitamin B12 and upping your dose of Vitamin D to see if that will help your twitches. Check to see what is safe to take, as I've been told that too much vitamin D can also cause twitches.

On a side note, did you have an epidural during your labor and delivery? Is it possible that there is any residual damage from the needle? Long shot, but since I've had 5 epidurals shots with my 3 kids, thought it may have done something to me as well. Especially since with kid #3 the anesthesiologist was an idiot and missed the spot like 3 times.

I did say you have not got ALS, you need to listen. The tests that show up ALS are completely normal
Post natal depression has absolutely NOTHING to do with being happy with the situation you are in. It strikes like any other illness, not choosing who. You are very anxious, lacking stamina etc. PND like other psychological disorders can play havoc with anything neurological.
You really should talk to your doctor about the possibility. If you want to get better, then look at all the more common possibilities.
There is nothing embarrassing about depression. It's an illness, like any other.

Zenya. After I had my second child in 1985. I had a lot of the same symptoms you are having. Reached a point I could not get out of bed my body felt like it was failing me. thought I was going crazy. I loved my baby so much. Reached a point I could not pick him up. That's when I ran. For help. Turns out. Post partum depression. My first response was I am not depressed It affects everyone differently. Talk to your. Obygn. He may have you answer Praying for you. What you are going through Is scary I know but there is help
Felica

Sounds like something was maybe knocked out of wack with having your baby. Maybe a chiropractor for nerves being pinched. Don't worry until it is time. Good Luck

If all of your neuro's tests have come back normal, then you don't have ALS symptoms. People with ALS don't get normal results on neurological tests -- period. We're not saying that you don't have something wrong with you. We're just saying that it's not neurological, so ALS is completely ruled out. You need to look in other places to figure out what's wrong with you.

Good luck to you.

Thank you all of you for answering to my questions. Especialy trfogey, alyoop, helenl and sequoia. I have been reading yours messages, you guys very helpfull in this site and very helpfull to me. I will definetely ask my GP abaut PND and depression, he maybe refer me.
I have a question that some people in this forum including me dosent understant. You guys keep saying that clean emg=no als. But there is some people claim that, they have multiple clean emgs and clean exams, the doctors think they dont have als but after they diagnoised with als.I am sorry that i am confused.
my second guestion is how weakness feels like in early disease. Is that somethink that you feeling all the time or you feel the weakess just when you trying to do something , for example trying to pick up backbag. Because i feel the weakness in my arms and legs all the time, when i am sitting , trying to go sleep, resting. when i am not doing anythink , i am feeling the weakness.
THANK YOU AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU

I have a question that some people in this forum including me dosent understant. You guys keep saying that clean emg=no als. But there is some people claim that, they have multiple clean emgs and clean exams, the doctors think they dont have als but after they diagnoised with als.I am sorry that i am confused.

If you have a clean EMG, you don't have ALS. To be diagnosed with ALS, there must be evidence of damage to both the upper motor neurons of the brain and the lower motor neurons of the spinal cord that control multiple regions of your body. EMGs are able to detect the lower motor neuron damage from ALS long before clinical symptoms appear. A clean EMG shows that no lower motor neuron damage is occurring; therefore, you don't have ALS.

As to people who make this claim on this board and other places, some people think that it's funny to make up false stories and spread them on sites like this one just to scare people like you. That is the reason you should stop reading other people's stories and let your doctors tell you what, if anything, is wrong with you.

my second guestion is how weakness feels like in early disease. Is that somethink that you feeling all the time or you feel the weakess just when you trying to do something , for example trying to pick up backbag. Because i feel the weakness in my arms and legs all the time, when i am sitting , trying to go sleep, resting. when i am not doing anythink , i am feeling the weakness.

ALS weakness is not something that you feel -- it is a quantifiable fact. It's with you all the time (resting and exerting) and it is permanent (no matter how much you rest, it never goes away). Last week, you could push a button or turn a key. This week, you can't do those things because your hand doesn't move that way any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back