Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
sc
City
greenville
hello all

i was reading on a post about flu shots and came across again the h1ni vaccine.

i had that vaccine only 2years ago and i had the strongest form of the spray. its funny how only 2yrs later iam experincin neurological issues

i would think tho if it was from that h1n1 vaccine that it would have shown up sooner not 1year later i was almost 24 and now iam almost 26 and they say it has the common drug used as they used in the gulf war

but a lot of are veterns have been in the service and had that in there system years before actaully develping als or mnd

i was reading this online about it...... Swine Flu Vaccine - A Public Health Experiment - In the News - Vaccination Risk Awareness Network

something to look at that is soo utterly scarey i remevber i didnt even want it my aunt made me get it now iam scared to death i relieze that may not be the cause but what a freakin consicdence? .... not that iam saying i have als or an mnd bc none of my test show any of it but i sure know something is wrong with my body ....

curious as too if anyone else on here have read into it or know any other information on it ?

i had the glaxosmithkline swine flu inhaler med when i got swine flu 2yrs ago..........no problems but then i had already got pls.
whenever a new anti-jab comes out theres always hype of the possible futures effects like the mmr jab causing autism.
the fact is if there is a reaction to cause neurological problems (though there has never been 100% evidence)it would be very rare.
besides that drug was developed and used only the past few years i think.

so munecagirl,i think your clutching at straws.........the odds of your flu jab causing your neurological symptoms are the same as your odds of having als.......just about zilch.
looking forward to what you come up with next.........not!

Did you even read the article that you posted the link to "Dr. MGirl"?

Oh cripes! Here we go again.

Remember, most people with NMD have eaten dill pickles too! Something to think about. Just kidding here although I feel safe in saying it's true. Stop researching and you won't freak out every time you find a coincidence.

I get so many people asking me what may cause ALS, and we just do not know. My husband has served in the military and had a severe head injury, but I tell them about people who have done neither. There are a lot of brilliant minds out there (besides ours) who can not figure it out, so I learned a long time ago not to question the "WHY?" If you have it, you have it, and if you do not, be very very thankful , and get on with enjoying your life. And, If you do have it, you can still enjoy your life. I reposted the article about the Nasal mist spray, and it was for CALS and PALS, not the people who think(want to have) ALS.

Did you even read the article that you posted the link to "Dr. MGirl"?

I doubt it. She obviously missed the part where the substance had to be injected under the skin -- her flu vaccine was administered by nasal spray. Not to mention that the article was speaking of vaccine trials that were being conducted, rather than the mass immunizations that occurred later. Not to mention that the article was speaking of H1N1 vaccines to be given in Canada, not the US.

For those who are still wondering at this point, a quick Web search turned up the following information from the US CDC:

Does the 2009 H1N1 monovalent flu vaccine have an adjuvant or squalene in it?

Adjuvants are agents that are sometimes added to a vaccine to increase its effectiveness. There are no adjuvants (such as squalene) in either the 2009 H1N1 monovalent or seasonal flu vaccines used in the United States.

Found at the CDC website here:

CDC H1N1 Flu | 2009 H1N1 Influenza Shots and Pregnant Women: Questions and Answers for Patients

Further research on the CDC site reveals similar statements issued about the vaccines approved for use during the 2011-2012 flu season.

Finally, with regard to adjuvants and vaccines in general, I found the following statements from the US CDC :

What are some examples of adjuvants?

Aluminum gels or aluminum salts are the only vaccine adjuvants currently licensed for use in the United States. Small amounts of aluminum are added as an adjuvant to help stimulate better responses to vaccines. Aluminum is one of the most common metals found in nature and is present in air, food, and water.

and

Which childhood vaccines contain adjuvants?

The adjuvant aluminum is present in U.S. childhood vaccines that prevent hepatitis A, hepatitis B, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTaP, Tdap) Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), human papillomavirus (HPV) and pneumococcus infection. This adjuvant has been used safely in vaccines for decades.

and

Which childhood vaccines do not contain adjuvants?

Live attenuated (weakened) viral vaccines that prevent measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, and rotavirus do not contain adjuvants. An inactivated (non-live) vaccine that prevents polio (inactivated polio vaccine, or IPV) does not contain adjuvant. Seasonal influenza vaccines used in the United States do not contain adjuvants.

Found here:

CDC - General Questions and Answers about Adjuvants - Vaccine Safety

To summarize:

• The H1N1 "swine" flu vaccine used two years ago did not contain the substance that was the subject of such concern in munecagirl22's linked article.
  • The only adjuvants that are licensed for use in the manufacture of vaccines are aluminum gel and aluminum salts.
  • Squalene is neither an aluminum salt or an aluminum gel. It is a naturally occurring organic compound that is present in all plants and animals and is an important precursor for the production of certain substances that the plant or animal needs. It is not licensed for use as an adjuvant in vaccines in the US, although it is used in other countries.
  • Seasonal flu vaccines in the US contain no adjuvants. If administered from single-dose packaging, they also do not contain thimerosal, the mercury-based preservative that is the other favorite whipping boy of the anti-vaccine crowd.
  • Only injectable versions of these vaccines contain either adjuvants or thimerosal. Nasal spray forms of the vaccine contain neither adjuvants or thimerosal.

Shorter summary: more alarmist misinformation from from our resident misinformation connoisseur.

right i understand that was who it was intended for ,but actually thi isnt the 1st time i hhave heard about the h1n1 waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy before i came here i had seen it and thought i was type it in and see what research has been done

i feeel it could most definetly have something to do with it or with SOME of the cases out there ofcourse not all but it can caouse an immune responce to some people

yes i did i read and re read that article and i also went to site of complaints of the h1n1 spray and postings since 09 from people who have posted theree experiences on them and people have gotten ms to als AFTER the vaccine and like they said it can take months or yrs to know anything and think of how many people dont report anyhting

i know we dont know the cause i was just wondering if anyone else has heard of it or had any person insite of what they believe on this

maybe my symtoms have nothing to do with getting the vaccine back in 09 i just thought it was creppy not sure what i have but i sure know i have something and all my other test are clear and extensive test have been done if it was something else they would have shown up by now or i would have gootn better but ne ways ......... hope an answers come out very very soon.

I also had both flu vaccines (H1N1 and regular seasonal flu shot), did a lot of research to see if it could be a factor; and found NO correlation between my onset of symptoms and the shots. I was also grasping at straws, and realized that it wasn't the answer. The problem is there IS no answer to the question of "how" we got ALS/PLS, or any other variant, the researchers just don't know. And though there certainly COULD be environmental triggers, there is no way to prove it as of yet. You won't get diagnosed unless the Neuro diagnoses you, and that involves MANY tests including the EMG. Please stop torturing yourself looking for the "cause" there just isn't an answer to that yet. And certainly not in an old article online.

munecagirl you are soooo getting my goat up.........get over yourself.
any more nonsense and we will all vote to have you banned.

Not to get anything started here; but they have linked aluminum usage with alzheimer's. Maybe that is what's wrong with muncegirl!

Maybe you could look on the alzheimer' website for a while and give us a break!

Olly, I cast my vote. Who's next?

And, just to be fair, my post with the CDC information about vaccines was not approved by the moderators before munecagirl22, made her post that appears in the thread immediately after mine. Just wanted to clear that up so nobody thinks she ignored what I said. I believe that munecagirl22's post is a response to sadiemae's post, which appears immediately before mine.

Now you know why I quote the person I am responding to. Saves a lot of misunderstanding.

TR- i didnt mean that post to you your right, and thank you for the information that you posted makes better since thats why i post things to here others opinions and what they get from reading that article or if they have found other things i did see where it said they was going to be sending it out to the USA and still if i reread it i get what i said before .... guesss iam just not smart in the way i read it sinve every one agress.. soo thank you for clearing it up

and to the rest alllllllli did was ask a question ......curious as too if anyone else on here have read into it or know any other information on it ?<===== that was the question i askd to get a more clear understanding never said i had als or mnd i was looking for more informaion on this.... i think the als.com community is here for supprt etc etc that needs to be changed and the do i have als part should be taken off if you cant just come here and ask simple questions i was rude or anything now you want to ban me?... nice i never ask you to look or even comment on my post if you hate me that much takes effort to click on me and read and reply...

but iam glad i askd i got great info from you TR. and i feel much better now . Thank you again.

We all wish we knew what cause ALS because theoretically it would make it easier to develop a cure. The truth is there could be multiple causes. All Dr's truly know is the syndrome of ALS. Reading an article and then connecting non existant dots in order to grasp at staws is not only futile, quite honestly it is dangerous. Mis - information is counter producive and nothing more then a red herring preventing meaningful and productive discussions.

We all wish we knew what cause ALS because theoretically it would make it easier to develop a cure. The truth is there could be multiple causes. All Dr's truly know is the syndrome of ALS. Reading an article and then connecting non existant dots in order to grasp at staws is not only futile, quite honestly it is dangerous. Mis - information is counter producive and nothing more then a red herring preventing meaningful and productive discussions.

yes i agree w this i think that there are multiple cases and if more it would be much easier to diagnosis and get a med or even better yet A cure . i wasnt trying to put misinformation down actually that is why i askd so ME personally would not be misinformed as i so obvisoly was..... i still dont get where i mis read ,but then i just go and reread what TR put.
and personally i just thought maybe this coould be an answer as to why for some people whoever develped it or other neuro autoimmune things after taking this vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back