Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ky
City
lexington
Hello all

I have not made a post in quite some time trying to stay off for anxiety reasons. I was doing pretty good Untill Sunday night. I always check the tremour in my hands i hold them out and look at them. They are always normal besides the ugly shakies.
Well I held it out and my middle finger is now moving to the left side and relaxing to the ring finger. It hasn't gone away and it wont stop. No pain. I can still move it sideways just hold it out and starts to fall to the other finger.

Here is a photo down below I have taken with my cell phone camera. This is the end result every single time. I have googled it and have not found anything on this.

finger pic aug 2011.JPG

Any insite will be helpful. thnx a billion.

P.S. I still have other symtoms stronger than ever.

What have your doctors said about these symptoms over the past three months? You have been going to see real doctors since the last time you were here, haven't you?

What have your doctors said about these symptoms over the past three months? You have been going to see real doctors since the last time you were here, haven't you?

Well. Yes I have been to real doctors. The finger just started acting up this past Monday as I said before this has never been seen before. I am supposed to be going to my neurologist on Monday I will show him. I just figured since it seems forever away and I have extreme anxiety over this. Just thought I could make a post and get some pointer's from other out there dealing. It's actually not permanently like this it is only when I hold my hand up and it just flops to the side so to speak. I have to force it to stand up straight like the left hand. I hold hand put and it inch's down down down to the next finger and ends up looking like in my photo.

Pretty scary huh?.

You are seeing your neurologist on Monday, really. Thats soon. You need a hefty dose of patience.

Well. Yes I have been to real doctors. The finger just started acting up this past Monday as I said before this has never been seen before. I am supposed to be going to my neurologist on Monday I will show him. I just figured since it seems forever away and I have extreme anxiety over this. Just thought I could make a post and get some pointer's from other out there dealing. It's actually not permanently like this it is only when I hold my hand up and it just flops to the side so to speak. I have to force it to stand up straight like the left hand. I hold hand put and it inch's down down down to the next finger and ends up looking like in my photo.

Pretty scary huh?.

Not really. A trip to the emergency room or your primary care physician ought to have that sort of problem sorted out in a few hours. Must not be too troubling for you, else you would already have been to the ER or have an appointment to be seen by your primary care physician.

I notice that you have nothing to say about those other symptoms that were plaguing you the last time you were here and are "stronger than ever." What did your doctors say about those? Who knows, maybe the same thing that's causing those symptoms might be causing the problem with your middle finger.

Or maybe it's just fatigue from overuse.

hi,i suppose with it happening a week before your neuro appointment you are waiting till then.
i agree it is alarming and theres definatley something not right but try to stay calm till your appointment,stressing will only makes symptoms worse.
no one here can say whats causing it but i am sure the neuro you see will be able to give you an idea.
take care.

Yes. Monday is soon it is just hard patience is something I have not been given. Its very difficult to get into a physician's office and this happend Monday I figured by now it would be over with just a glitch. E.R are a joke they are for emergencies and I am not in any pain and I know it is not broken or spraind. It is not from overuse I dont really "use" it. My other issue's I have been experiencing are still here ,but the neurologist I have seen he has no clue. I figured I was going to end up being fine then there came this. I suppose he will see this when I go in on Monday and if he see's it as alarming he will do something. But really who's finger just does this I can see once or twice but but not a while week not getting better

curious if this was "als" weakness would it should up on an EMG or to be considerd an Upper motor Neuro issue?
I am assuming that it would show up on it long before actually disability of the muscle came into place? Pls is differnt does it have the same kind of dismobility weakness as als or just UMN issues only.?

Be sure when you show the doc the finger that that one is not the only one protruding.:shock:Might start the appointment on a bad tone.:razz:

Seriously, and listen to me. Twice in my life I have had stress/anxiety so bad that my lower legs and feet would would begin cramping and start pulling foot down and toes down. Involuntarily. But I could pull them back up at will and walk just fine. I was convinced something sinister was causing it. It would go all day, and multiple days. Scary, but in retrospect it was truly anxiety causing it.

Not saying it is, but that really could be the cause of your finger doing that. Hard for you to believe? Yes. Can your mind actually make that happen without you knowing it? Yes. Will you relax til the doctor checks you out? Your choice.

Don't expect the neuro to get very excited about that finger.

Best wishes.

they say w als that it is actual paralysis NOT being able to move the muscle or finger..... but heck if i even know iam convinced i got some worta als varient. so if you say u still can move it thats a great sign on no als i have a friend her finger does the same thing she says bc she is over weight

its all just confusing when you got no earthly idea what is going on ans sooooo freakin scarey ill never be ok untill yrs are up or they actually find a caouse and so far NOTHING has came back abnormal YET i still have ever symtom i began with since feb and twitching is actully getting worst.. but i guess it would show up on emg?/.... time will telllll

munecagirl, you make no sense. I can still move my fingers and toes. You are full of misinformation and should not give anyone any advice ever. You don't know what you're talking about and probably confuse and scare new people more than anything else. Please be quiet.

Ok. If I hold my hand in exactly the same position as yours does in the photo, it does the same thing. It's NORMAL. It's just the way some fingers are wired. You have noticed it because you are looking for abnormalities. Stop looking and start living.

great! after a few weeks of piece and quiet the trolls are resurficing..........yes,i am talking about you munecagirl.
unless you have something constructive to say please keep quiet.

well,i did the same thing with my hands and so did son and my friend and none of our fingers did that.
not putting the jeepers up you ILJ but i think it is something for your neuro to check out.

I was looking at old posts & was thinking how hypothetically sick it would be to post on your own thread as a different person.... No accusations here, but I couldn't resist the hypothetical speculation...

My suggestion is to let the doctors figure it out, that's what they do. And yes it may take a long while. That is just common sense.

I was looking at old posts & was thinking how hypothetically sick it would be to post on your own thread as a different person.... No accusations here, but I couldn't resist the hypothetical speculation...

We had that happening here about a year ago, davegud. "They" used to carry on merry little conversations among "themselves". Would have been funny if they hadn't been spreading misinformation in every post.

That's why we are so vigorous in correcting folks like munecagirl22, who doesn't understand most of what she reads, "misremembers" what she did understand, and doesn't have enough sense to realize that she is foolish and should stick to asking questions in her own threads rather than commenting in other people's threads. Of course, she doesn't care about other people and figures everyone should be as foolish and miserable as she is, so she keeps doing her best to make it happen.

Or, as olly says, she may simply be a troll. Recent evidence seems to be pointing that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back