Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
az
City
az
Hey everybody,
So I went to Borrow's neruo clinic and finally seen a neurologist. She was very young but it was her and the main attending doctor that examined me. They said that my reflexes were brisk but symmetrical around my whole body so they must be normal for me is what they said. they couldn't find any weakness or dexterity problems.
They did a lot of little tests and I was there quite a while.
But they said that they aren't going to do anything but want to see me in three months to see if anything has changed. The felt there was no reason and didn't even mention a EMG and decided against a MRI. I mentioned ALS and that conversation lasted all of about 1 minute. I also mentioned the twitching and she said without obvious weakness its quite normal.
So To all of you: Do I give this a rest? and just take their word for it? Or should I get a second opinion?
Thank you for your time
KP

What every makes you feel better. Personally, I'd give it a rest and go back in three months.

I would let it rest and see what happens....don't make is a psychosomatic process though. For the twitches, try relaxation techniques and drink a lot of tonic water (Quinine).

My PALS got a 2nd and 3rd opinion, but only after the 1st opinion was Probable ALS.

I agree

Your friend becoming ill is what started this, isn't it? In either case, with no clinical weakness and a basically normal neuro exam, all you can do is wait and see.

Of course, if actual issues happen before then--call your GP and get back in sooner. Remember, some people do just have brisker reflexes. Keep your mind on other things for a while and see how you feel.

Take care

Thank you! I'm going to try and take my mind off this. Besides, if the experts didn't even see reason to have a MRI or EMG why should I. I'll go back in three months with nothing new I'm sure. Thank you for being patient and giving your time for me. If something does end up happening I know where to find great people. God bless!
KP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back