Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
toronto
Sorry to post again so quick. I promise that I'm not a hystrical mess this time:!:. I woke up this morning with very unrestful sleep, dizziness and an oncoming headache. I also felt very short of breath. I was very frightened. I decided to go to the walk in clinic. I told the doc my symptoms. She looked at my blood test results that I took in May and told me that I tested postive for Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) back then.

She asked me if I was given any medication for it. I told her NOPE. She looked absolutely dumbfounded. This whole thing started for me with a horrible stomach virus, then twitching, stiffness and so forth. Which then lead me here looking like a maniac. (I'm very sorry) I was given a prescribtion for 3 medications.

My concern is that this might not be the problem. I had sooo many blood tests and seen way too many doctors, that in hine sight I shouldnt have seen. Why did none of them pick it up? Ive been to that same clinic and had docs looks at those SAME test results and they didn't say anything about it. I just wonder why. I know that a blood test could give a false positive. Which I'm scared it might be, then I'll be back to square one.

I've spent so much money on supplements, meds and teas. I just don't want to shell out so much money. If I don't actually have it. I think I'm going to get a second opinion. Sorry for the rambling, but my question is,

has anyone here had H pylori? and did they get twitching from it? I know I am also very sleep deprived which can cause twitching. I have a sleep study scheduled for next wednesday.

Thanks for reading and caring!

h pylori can cause a multitude of abdominal symptoms----and can even cause cancer in some people. But, believe it or not, most people (about 50%) have it and don't have any symptoms from it.

You had the antibodies in your blood. A breath test would tell if it's active.

The most common symptoms are all abdominal: Pain, nausea, vomiting, etc. It can also cause ulcers and intestinal issues. But--seriously, it's not a mimic of ALS or any ALS symptoms.

ALS affects the limbs--muscles that are voluntary.

your breathing issues sound like the sleep study is a good idea.

Hope this helps

One thing I wanted to add: You're not doing yourself any favors by going to multiple doctors. it's very hard for them to get a clear picture when there are a zillion reports and records to look through. that's likely how the h pylori was missed in the first place.

Find a GP that you trust. Do the referrals they deem necessary. Stop taking crap that isn't ordered. A good multi-vitamin is sufficient for the majority of the public. Some are fond of extra vitamin C and E.

You're wasting a ton of money and they will milk you dry doing tests at the walk-in type of clinics. It's cheaper in the long run to have a normal family doctor unless you have health issues (diagnosed) that require an internal medicine physician.

Honestly, hon, you're obsessing over your health--which can magnify ANY and ALL symptoms. You really CAN make yourself ill by stressing so much over things.

Feel better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back