Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
City
Fond du lac
Hello. I just graduated from highschool and I am in the process of getting a job where my Father works to save for college. I can't get my license until I am 21 since it is suspended. The nearest college is 15 miles away so college is out of the question for now unless a judge grants it to me after I pay the fine.
I am having horrible symptoms. It began with a twitch in my face right below my lip and now it is tingling. On top of that I am having trouble swallowing and speaking. I am scheduling an appointment with our family practitioner. My neck feels very stiff and this has been going on for the past year. have ALS. I ran the mile yesterday and still got a time of 6:40 in 95 degree weather which is my usual time since I don't compete or try to get better. However, I am a pretty active and would be devastated if i get ALS at this point in my life. I don't take any prescription or nonprescription drugs, but I have taken some in the past for ADHD, insomnia, and anxiety. Does this sound like ALS, anxiety, lyme disease, brain cancer, or what? I am so scared ALS is on my mind every second of every minute of the day and I can't focus on anything else. I am about to get a job and I lost my first job since I thought I had ALS. Please pray for me as I pray to Jesus as well. I will pray for everyone on this forum. I love you all!

You are not in the process of being diagnosed with ALS. Tingling and neck stiffness are not ALS symptoms. The list of reasons for a twitching lip is way too long to repeat. Read the stickies.

Read the stickies...you do not have ALS.

Anxiety- is prob. high from not being able to drive or continue education. I suggest talking to a judge to see if you can getting driving privildeges just to and from school- law will do this in most cases.

Stiff neck- many possiblites...endless possibilities. If it is accompanied with pain you may have a pinched nerve or bulging/slipped disk. ask for an x-ray or a CT or MRI scan from dr. to check for possiblities. If the stiff neck has come on suddenly with headache and fever get to dr. right away as this could be menigitis which is serious. Either way, get the neck checked out ...it is not a part of the body you want to mess around with.

Again, you symptoms do not point to ALS. Relax...and go enjoy your life! Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back