Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
nl
City
st. johnès
It started out last fall with numbness, that went away. Then twiching all over the body after christmas and numbness in my right cheek and tongue. That has subsided a lot. I saw my neurologist 3 weeks ago and he did his physical exam and told me everything seems good. He pretty much ruled out ALS and said I don't think you have anything, even giving you an MRI for MS in his mind would be taking a spot from someone else. Fair enough so i went on my way. About a week later i drove 4 hours , something I typically don't do. Then i have worked 150 overtime sitting in the last 3 weeks. About 2.5 weeks ago i noticed stiffness/tightness in my Quad muscle on the front of my leg. Since then it is all the way down to my foot resembling a pinched nerve since i've had them in that leg over the years due to a bulging disc. I went to my GP and Physiotherapist and they say its nothing serious just muscle soreness etc. I am concerned. I have no weakness or atrophy. Can someone give me there opinion on this please. I have contacted the neuro again to get his opinion.

The dr.s have told you multiple times that you are fine and don' t have it. What makes you think that anyone on here will convince you otherwise? You are fine! Just a pinched nerve as it sounds, and a way too active of mind. Go live the long life you have ahead of you! :)

blue123rd,

If the neuro that saw you three weeks ago ruled out ALS, let it go. Don't know why you have it stuck so firmly in your mind, but you are either seeing things that aren't there or you just don't understand enough about MND to be a reliable judge of what you have. Sort of like me trying to coach a hockey team when I've never been on ice skates in my life and can't tell the difference between a hockey puck and a cow patty at more than five paces if the weather's too cold for flies to buzz around.

You may not be fine, but you're not dying. Let it go and enjoy your life.

Good luck.

Hi,

I hope you guys are right. This burny numby painy feeling from the upper leg around the knee and foot is something i never had before. As soon as I get out of bed in the morning i find it. I hope it goes away. I'm a bag of nerves. Thanks I love you guys God Bless.

The "burny numby painy" feeling you describe really sounds like a pinched nerve or siatica. I had a bout of pain like this down my leg many years ago. It is such a distant memory that it took this description to dig it out of the archives.

Also, that pain is nothing like the slow, stealthy disappearance of skills that ALS causes.

Be happy you don't belong here and enjoy your life!

I have only been here a short time, but it floors me the number of post from people that have been told they are ok and insist they are not. I would have done cart wheels out of the mayo clininc and never look back if I was told I was ok. I dont mean to be mean but what the hell. I have had headaches before I didnt immediately think it was a brain tumor. If the doctor says you are ok then eat right, exercise, dont over work yourself and enjoy your long life.

I really feel sorry for the people around you that have to listen to your non-sense . . . that would include your POOR neuro. Absolutely ridiculous. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back