Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
US
State
FL
City
Boca Raton
I can't figure out how to make a new post call me dumb so ima just post here...... Don't mean to take away from the guy who made this post so if u have a response just message me

Hey everybody I was recently diagnosed with muscular atrophy the reason I even found out was because I have abnormal creatine levels and they did a muscle biopsy on me and told me I had it just a little background on me before I ask my question I'm 19 years old wen I was 16 I was heavy into cocaine but stopped that before I was 17 when I was 17 I was a senior in highschool and did anabolic steroids for 6 months which I have not done since my question to u guys is that from my research online and from what my doctor has told me was that I was loosing muscle and was suppose to feel some type of weakness yet to my surprise not only have I gotten ridiculously stronger going from a 315 bench to 340 in a matter of weeks my endurance is up I'm gaining muscle mass and feel great so my question to u guys is if I have muscular atrophy wat is going on to my knowledge this makes no sense. If u have ne theories or ideas on y this might b taking place I'd love to hear about it

Hi, this site is for people with MND and their caretakers. I think you should go to another site. Good luck!

Sorry Ms. Pie but progressive muscular atrophy is a MND so while he could have posted down there he's ok here if in fact he does have it.

AL

Thanks for lining me out Al! :)

My apologies to Lewitt! Hope you find answers. Good luck!

Ask your doctor what you need to know. Specifically, what disorder it is that you have been diagnosed with, for a start. "Muscular atrophy" is an incomplete term. It can be part of the name of a specific disorder -- progressive muscle atrophy (PMA) or spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Or it can be a specific symptom of some other disorder. Trying to find out about a disease on the Internet when you only know part of the name is like trying to find somebody's house without knowing the street name.

By the way, your symptoms are not consistent with either PMA or SMA as you describe them. No wonder everyone's confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back